“A awesome place to spend a couple of hours”
Review of Embers Restaurant

Embers Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It had been years, probably 25, since I'd been to the small town of Joseph, Oregon and while some things haven't changed, plenty has.

On a 10 day motorcycle tour of the Northwest, I planned my loop to spend an afternoon in Joseph, a town and area where I spent a few weekends in my "youth". When I rode into town I wanted food and something to drink. While Joseph has plenty of establishments that would provide both, the quaint appearance of Embers and the appealing outdoor patio caught my eye. I was seated in a nice location that looked out on Main St. by one of the friendly Embers staff.

The menu is typical pub fair and it was easy choosing what I wanted. The hardest part was choosing which beer to try.

The food was great, the beer was awesome and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The view from my table simply enhanced the experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were there in September 2012. Servers were very nice, but we waited a long time for drinks and a reaaaaaly long time for food. Food was quite good and prices were reasonable, but it seemed like they needed more servers to give adequate service. Made our exeprience less than great, even tho the food was good.

1  Thank MontanaWaterLover
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We tried to go to Caldera and Val's but they were either closed or fully booked. This happened twice and we were able to enjoy the Embers food each time. Good and plenty, well prepared and served. Terrific wait staff. You will like it and try the deep fried pickles.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is always busy - but we had good service and the food was decent. The first night we ate here the burger was a little dry but still good. Second night I wanted chicken alfredo and they were out of alfredo? They gave me the pesto chicken alfredo for the same price and some extras. Our server was very nice and they have good beer on tap. When it gets dark and cools down they have some fires to warm you up!

1  Thank lovetotravelalot
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A friendly, airy place on the main street of Joseph where you can find just about anything to suit your appetite.

1  Thank Jean_T_12523