“Shocker-Amazing gluten free buns, batter and beer in the middle of nowhere!”

Flat Iron Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Description: The Flat Iron Steakhouse is a restaurant and Bed and Breakfast offering a menu full of house-made dishes including hand-cut steaks, hand-pressed burgers, delicious salads, finger steaks, soups, seafood and even corn dogs! We offer a full bar and a brunch menu on Sundays. Many gluten- friendly options are available
Reviewed July 7, 2016

We live in Austin, TX home of gastro pubs and gluten free galore.
My family and I were blown away by the home town yet sophisticated menu at the Flat Iron Steakhouse
My usual choice for road food is a burger, no bun and a limp iceberg salad. Not this time!
I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw all of the gluten free options on the menu.
We had- Chorizo burger with manchago and roasted peppers w a gluten free bun. Run don't walk to order this burger..the French fries were golden brown crispy and gorgeous. The gluten free bun was the best I've ever had..in the middle of nowhere!!!
Gluten free fish and chips. The fish is halibut and the batter is made with rice flour and gluten free beer. I haven't had fish and chips in years. The batter texture was nothing short of amazing. Who are these people? The rest of the items weren't gluten free but got rave reviews. Chicken noodle soup, steak fingers (looked SO good) and a basque special, I think it was called solomo? Pork loin with garlic and red peppers.
You should plan to stop by the Flat Iron on your road trip. The Rock House is a coffee shop in town that serves great espresso and and ice cream. It's also worth a pop in.

4  Thank waxingmaven

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We had an excellent dinner. I had steak medallions - 8 ounce. The meal came with baked potato, creamed corn, and salad.
My husband had the fish and chips.
Both were very good.
Make sure you ask for a natural, homemade pina colada!!!
People serving us were friendly and we had a pleasant experience!!

1  Thank Debbie E