“Great food, good beer”

Good for: Bar scene
California
“Great food, good beer”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Spent the night in John Day and as soon as we discovered there was a local brewery in town, went there to taste their beers. We decided to eat dinner there as to our surprise they offered food. As other reviewers have noted, their pork tacos with the mango salsa are fantastic. I highly recommend them if you like a little spice. We also had the bratwurst sliders which were excellent as well. I'm not sure if the buns were homemade or not, but they were great. I can't forget about the beer. We really loved the porter and amber ale.

Bend, Oregon
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stopped by for lunch after viewing the Painted Hills. Good beer and awesome pork tacos with mango sauce. Excellent value!

• Visited June 2014
“Local Brewery less than a year old”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place has a great Oregon micro, craft brew sort of vibe to it. Tables and chairs that look locally made and have a funk factor, guest taps and their own craft brews on tap. Food was tasty, hot and a good value. The wings appetizer was surprisingly crispy, spicy and good - pulled pork "street" taco's with Mango salsa and chips didn't disappoint either.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JNJOC
“Come drink good beer. ”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Where ever I travel I'm always looking for a brewpub so I was delighted when I saw 1188 in John Day. Their in house beers are spot on, very good flavor and mouth feel. We ordered some food which was very tasty I had the caprese panini and a salad with pomegranate vinaigrette totally unexpected for John Day. Trista our server was a hoot and kept our glasses full. So come check out John Day's newest brewpub.

Santa Rosa, California
“Fresh and tasty food, happy service, great beer”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at the Best Western and two restaurants on Main Street were recommended, but between those two, I found this gem. I had the Box Car Pale Ale and a Caesar salad with shrimp. YUM! The beer was soooo good! The salad was huge, tasted fresh, and I really liked the shrimp. I paid $6 extra for shrimp; $2 more than adding chicken. I wanted shrimp and have no regrets about paying those $2. Fun place, well decorated in a hip style. Eat here! Open Monday through Saturday; closed Sundays.