“A John Day Staple”

Squeeze-In Restaurant & Deck
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I love the squeeze inn. It has been around since I was a kid. It has great service and food. The prices are great. Whenever I'm in JD I try to make it over. Have their french fries you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm a local, and I eat at the Squeeze-In every now and then. My favorite meal is the Reuben Sandwich, no sauce. It's big and fat, pastrami and sauerkraut on rye, grilled. I always tell them to "skip the sauce," it's greasy enough without it, but boy, I love it. Just a warning: the fries are home-made, from real potatoes, but the oil is not up to my standards, so I skip them too, and get the Cole-slaw instead. As others have said, the pies are delicious (and dangerous). Great service, friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped for lunch while traveling through. Cheese burger, fries, BLT and tortelini soup were very good. This place was very busy, but the service was outstanding. We did not try the homemade pie, but it looked good and everyone was talking about how good it was.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've eaten here twice now and had great homemade soup and a "bottomless" taco salad. You keep eating and eating the salad and think you must be getting to the bottom...but there's always more! The service is very friendly as well.

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We have relatives in John Day and usually visit the Squeeze Inn at least once each visit. Have not had a bad meal yet. This visit I had the Hamburger Steak for dinner. Super yummy... came with a dinner salad, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, garlic toast and grilled veggies. The steak was smothered with onions, mushrooms and gravy also. Service has always been excellent and judging the portions, they must be used to feeding hungry hunters. If your in John Day give this place s try.