“Good pizza”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot was open Labor Day in John Day OR, but the Outpost more than met our needs. A restaurant one side, and lounge on the other, you can eat at either. The pesto pizza chicken pizza was really good with a pitcher of beer and the locals visiting. We did breakfast the next morning with nice, fluffy huckleberry pancakes. Worth the stop

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We weren't too thrilled when ate at this restaurant on a previous stay in John Day, but a few days ago we ate here again and ordered differently--we shared a pizza and a salad. It was a very satisfying meal, and the service was pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food was wonderful. Ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Great prices. Very nice and friendly wait staff. Pleasant and quiet restaurant. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

House wine is $2:00 and excellent (maybe homemade) pie is $3:00. How can you go wrong with that? The chicken taco salad lacked sauce--just dry grilled chicken plus salsa and sour cream--but I was able to add an excellent chipotle salad dressing so all was well. The apple crumb pie--a generous portion, heated--was delicious (and only $3:00). Good place t5o visit. (We've been there several times.)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Well what can I say, I stopped, I ate, I enjoyed. What I had was a bacon cheese burger (I had pepper jack cheese) and fries. All were very good. The burger came with a thick slice of tomato and onions and a thousand island type sauce on it. I enjoyed it very much. This restaurant was recommended to me by Tom at the John Day airport. I flew in and was hungry what can I say but.... I stopped, I ate, I enjoyed....