“Good food and reasonable prices”
Review of The Outpost

The Outpost
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Beaverton, Oregon
“Good food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We had an early dinner there while traveling. My husband had the diablo burger with sweet potato fries and I had the garlic sirloin with a baked potato. The steak also had a good-size serving of fresh steamed broccoli and some garlic toast. I wish we had room for dessert! They make all of their desserts and the dessert case looked great. The portions are large, the food is freshly prepared, and the price is reasonable. The restaurant is very clean and the decor gives it a nice feel.

• Visited April 2013

Homedale, Idaho
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a very good experience at dinner. My steak was cook the way I requested and the service was reasonable. There were several large tables that were being served at the same time I was. At breakfast the next morning service was slow and I seemed to get lost in the crowd. I expected bigger portions based on the cost of breakfast.

Visited March 2013
Fox Island, Washington
“Probably the Best”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is probably the best place to eat in John Day, but don't expect too much. It is casual dinning. We sat in the bar, where the atmosphere was nicer. Dinning room seemed a little to much like a Cracker Barrell. Service was good, but food was so so. We split a very good salad, and split the entree, which was called Alice's Chicken. Not what we expected and sort of bland. Would eat there again, but order something different for the entree.

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Good American food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The waiter was excellent, very attentive to our needs. Very helpful with selecting items off the menu. Very friendly staff. The apple crisp was out of this world

• Visited September 2012
“Huge menu, friendly service”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Burgers, pizza, meal type salads (to which you can add organic spring greens for an extra price). Good beers on tap. Best apple crisp pie I have ever had, deserts are all made on site. YUM. Big gift shop has lots of kitschy stuff to consider.

• Visited October 2012

Been to The Outpost? Share your experiences!