Country House Inns Jacksonville
Tiki Lodge Motel(Medford)(Great Value!)
$62
$57
$122
$93
Travelocity
City Center Motel(Medford)(Great Value!)
$60
$63
Hotels.com
$70
Wine Country Inn(Jacksonville)
All reviewswine cottagessconessmall continental breakfastnice roomin towncomfortable bedswelcoming staffstayed for one nightfront desk staffstreet bistroa wonderful staylocal wineriesthe main streethard boiled eggsyogurthousemccully
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a nice, clean and quiet property about a mile from the downtown district. The construction is new but the theme is colonial, and the appointments are nicely done. The continental breakfast is a step above, with scones instead of tired pastries.

Our stay would have been simply a good one but for the exceptional customer service of the staff, who were friendly, helpful and genuinely interested in making our stay and trip the best it could be. Karli was a gem! Her local knowledge was outstanding, and every recommendation she made proved valuable.

Room Tip: The sound proofing seems to be above usual standards, as the place was packed and we never heard a sound.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a night at the McCully House, Kaizen Suite, one of three Country House Inn properties. The suite is very nicely appointed w/ a extra larger walking shower, a two person jacuzzi, a fireplace, a small sunny patio and a king size bed. We were attending the John Hiatt concert at Britt and the McCully House is only a six block walk from the festival venue which makes driving and parking unnecessary. The Britt festival offers great concerts and the comfort, central location and ease for getting around Jacksonville form McCully house makes it a great choice.

Room Tip: New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro in Talent, Oregon is a great place for dinner before the concert. Book a 5:00 reservation to allow yourself enough time to enjoy this unique epicurean experience and then make your way back to Jacksonville.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We joined friends of ours for a Britt Festival Concert in Jacksonville. Our friends booked a room for two at the Country House Inns. We were going to meet up with them at the hotel and have a glass of wine before we went to dinner and the concert. My husband and I, who weren't staying at the hotel, arrived before our friends did. We went to the front desk and asked if we could check in. Before she'd give us a key, the woman at the desk asked if she could swipe our credit card as a 'pre-authorization,' and assured me it wouldn't be charged unless our friends skipped out without paying.

Our friends paid with their credit card when they checked out the next morning. And still, our credit card was also charged. So we paid a total of $260 for what should have been a $130 room. When I called to complain, the same woman told me, "I can't help you." She told me I needed to call my credit card company and have the charge removed. I asked her why she couldn't just issue a refund, and she repeated, "I can't help you."

Also, our friends were awakened by power tools and construction workers at 8:30 am -- work was being done just two doors down from where they were trying to sleep. There were no written or verbal signs warning about construction noise.

Room Tip: ask if you can expect any construction noise!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurielizard
LydiaInnkeeper, Manager at Country House Inns Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments about the experience yourself and your friends had while staying with us. It is important for us to hear any and all complaints; otherwise we are unable to resolve problems for future guests. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We always try to go above and beyond to make our guests leave with a smile

Immediately after your friends checked out, I researched the bill and was unable to find a charge on your card, only an authorization. I have spoken with the person you talked to who requested that you call your bank to inquire if your card had been charged or if it was an authorization. She now knows to refer any billing disputes directly to me. If you are still showing a charge on your card, please call to discuss.

I am sorry that your friends were awoken by construction noise. We try to limit construction to our slow season, but occasionally due to safety concerns we are unable to do so. You are correct that we should have posted signs or spoken with you directly about the noise that would occur. We now have a policy implemented regarding that.

Please, let me assure you that the problems you encountered are not the typical guest experience we strive for at Country House Inns. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our guests the highest level of satisfaction possible.

Warm regards,
Lydia Gibson
Property Manager
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Reviewed June 23, 2013

being the organizer of our 1&2 cylinder tour in Jacksonville on june 8th to the 15th we first stopped at the wine country inn need go no further.We spent 10 wounderful days there. Lydia manages to have happiness and harmony amoung all employees. where each and every one greets you with a smile and could not do enough for us.Each and every one of our requests were administered immediately with gladness to do so.We were given much leway to help maintain the happiness of 50 people for a week. The rooms were more than adequate. the morning scone.hb egg. coffee and juice was perfect to start the day. We shall return. thank you Lydia for your wounderful carismatic,management skills. and also to Gemsy,pete.Hannah.all the staff
Thank you for a very enjoyable stay at our home away from home
Frank and Laura Hurley.

Room Tip: call them you will be happy you did. very quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a group of over 50 people with 24 antique pre-1916 automobiles. The staff was accommodating and went out of their way to keep us happy. The continental breakfast featured warm scones and hard-boiled eggs. Their coffee was so good I never felt the need to go to one of the coffee shops in town for "foo-foo" coffee. Gemsy was a gracious hostess in the lobby, keeping our breakfast treats coming until we were satisfied. Wendy gave excellent directions to get us to the Inn in the middle of the night as we were arriving at 4:30 a.m. and we found it with no trouble. My only suggestion would be more room to hang clothes inside the room.

Room Tip: although we had a room close to the road, we didn't hear any street noise at all. No elevator, but we had a nice ground floor room and were very satisfied.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends