“Jacksonville travels”

Country House Inns Jacksonville
Ranked #5 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
“Jacksonville travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This Inn was fabulous. It was clean and quiet and had all that we needed. The staff was friendly and we had a wonderful time. We would definately visit there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Arcata, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed in one of the wine cottages and it was perfect! We have stayed twice (spring and fall), and both times we chose a wine cottage. The cottages are one block from main street. It feels more like you are renting a small house than a hotel. The back cottage has a small private patio. The front cottage sits right next to C Street Bistro; after finishing our dinner, we walked a few feet back to our cottage and sat outside on two lawn chairs while finishing our bottle of wine. This "hotel" provides lovely, charming, clean, private accomodations! The front desk clerk, Gemsy, was friendly and helpful!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at the Country House Inn with my dog on my way home from Carmel by the Sea, CA going back to Seattle, WA. I stayed for one night and it was a very pleasant experience. The room was very clean,spacious and modern. The interior colors were light even though it was one of the dog friendly rooms. I loved that. When you travel with a dog it can happen that they assign you the rooms that need updating. I hate that. Next morning I was a little late for breakfast and they waited for me. That was very nice as well. On my next trip to Carmel I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Corinna Z
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

From the outside, this doesn't look like anything special. Inside, the room was very, very clean and much bigger than a regular hotel room. It was obvious that some updating and remodeling had occurred. No fancy decorations but wool blankets and comforter on the beds. Big bathroom with enough space to actually hang or set your clothes in a dry area for when you get out of the shower. Room has a small refrigerator, TV and closet. In room heating with easy to select temperature gauge. All in all, a nice surprise in a very cute community. Country House is located as you enter Jacksonville from Medford which is kind of a long walk into the main street. Otherwise, it is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Very cozy, clean cottage. I will definitely can't wait to visit again because it is so relaxing and the town is so unique! nothing I've ever seen. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Hello, my name is Erika and I'm a little late on my review but as soon as I left the serene little cottage on C st, reality hit. I called a few weeks ahead and asked about rates knowing I wasn't able to afford the full amount I asked if they were running any specials and they were not at the time. They did offer me a significant discount, one which I was able to afford and stay in the Front Cottage on C st. I got there and the wood stove was already going for me and the heat was on. Very clean and put together place. It was the perfect spot for my weekend. The front desk clerk and manager Lydia was very helpful and pleasant even at 10:00 pm when I couldn't figure out how to work the shower ;) I reccomend this place to anyone and everyone looking to escape reality even if its for just a day. Thank you so much everyone at Country House Inns, and I will be seeing you again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Humboldt CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

My friends and I were delighted to pull up to the beautiful Reames House in Jacksonville, OR. It was a much easier drive from the I5 than expected. One after another, details charmed us, from the stained glass in the door, to the sitting area in the room to the claw foot tubs and comfortable beds.

There were several fun “hang out” areas at the house, we spent hours enjoying the view from the Adirondack chairs overlooking the front yard and the grotto-like back patio.

Once we went inside, we were even more delighted. Downstairs is a sitting area, large kitchen and a dining room, which we didn't use (It all looked clean and in good repair though). Several good restaurants were recommended to us, and were just a few blocks walk away.

Although it was a cute historic place to get away, I was happy to have good coffee in the room, a decent wi-fi signal and a fun, eclectic selection of books. I was especially excited to see the nice towels and selection of Aveda toiletries. We briefly met Marina the head housekeeper and loved her. The front desk staff were helpful and check-in was a breeze.

I recommend the Reames House for someone staying in Jacksonville, or the area. I wish I had an excuse to host a group of people in order to rent out the entire house, and hope to come back soon.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Inn at the Commons
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford
Magnolia Inn
Magnolia Inn
#3 of 8 in Jacksonville

Been to Country House Inns Jacksonville? Share your experiences!