“This is one of my favorite restaurants in Oregon”

Jacksonville Inn Dining House
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of Jacksonville, a historic town in Southern Oregon that got its start as part of the gold rush back in the 1850s, stands the Jacksonville Inn. It’s an elegant bed and breakfast housed in a building built in 18961 complete with walls made of locally quarried sandstone (specks of gold are still visible in the mortar). The historic hotel rooms blend distinctive 19th century décor with the necessities of a connected digital age, including a variety of modern comforts and amenities. Whether or not you are staying in the unforgettable rooms, you will love dining in the superb restaurant with its distinctive menu and impressive wine list featuring over 2,000 wines. The restaurant is known for its attention to detail and personal service and has a passion for building connections with its customers. The Jacksonville Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has served three U.S. presidents and has provided lodging for a U. S. president and First Lady.
Willamette Valley, Oregon
“This is one of my favorite restaurants in Oregon”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Inn for two nights in a lovely room. Had dinner in the main dining room with a large group of friends, some with very young children. The children were fairly well behaved, perhaps due to the fact that the waiters treated them with the same respect as they treated the adults. The waiters showed a level of professionalism with a touch of classiness/fun that I was not expecting for a small town Inn.

The food was first class and wonderfully presented, with small touches of vegetables artistically sliced and placed in the main course servings that truly pleased the eye as well as the palate.

The breakfast choices were limited, however, the breakfast choices were outstanding, and it was the first time I have ever been asked how I wanted my poached eggs to be cooked (how firm I wanted them cooked). The attention to detail was amazing.

If you ever get a chance to stop and/or stay in Jacksonville, I highly recommend the Jacksonville Inn.

• Visited December 2012

Jacksonville, Oregon
“For Business, A Romantic Dining Experience, Or Casual Dining”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This establishment has it all! Rooms to accomodate business meetings, romantic dining in the main dining room, or casual, yet classy dining in The Bistro. The food is excellently prepared and presented, and wine list will absolutely astound you! And, for this level of fine dining, the prices are very reasonable. My wife and I eat there frequently, and have had occasion to rub elbows with some of the regions well-heeled residents who appear to enjoy this establishment as much as we do. When the weather is warm, enjoy dining outdoors on the patio, a very pleasant experience. Service is excellent. Reservations, especially during the tourist season, are recommended. This is a gem to be enjoyed!

• Visited October 2012
Medford, OR
“I'm so relieved the service was good”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were taking some important clients out to dinner and I was worried after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor about the service. The food was good, but not great. I had the prime rib. Although the portion was quite generous, the meat wasn't very tender. I was worried because one of the clients also ordered it, but it didn't seem to bother him. My husband had the Lobster Risotto, which he liked (I did not).

The desserts looked great, and we all had the meringue/raspberry cake that was unusual and everyone enjoyed, which was nice because it was the last course and we ended on a high note.

Our server was a real sweetheart and we had no complaints.

• Visited January 2013
Rogue River, Oregon
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went with my husband recently. I had hazelnut crusted shrimp which was disappointing - overcooked and the crust overpowered the shrimp. Also, we thought it strange that both our orders - my shrimp and his steak - came with a side dish of some of of pasta with red sauce which complemented neither dish. We ate in the bistro which was ok except the table was about 2 feet square, barely large enough to accommodate the dinner plate, bread plates, and bread basket. Service was attentive. For the cost ($50 for 2 with tip, no drinks), I was anticipating a much finer experience with better food and ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“You can count on the best!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten in the dining room several times, but really enjoy the bistro, or eating out on the patio (if weather permits).

Visited January 2013