Wine Country Inn
Tiki Lodge Motel(Medford)(Great Value!)
$62
$54
$106
$88
Hotwire.com
City Center Motel(Medford)(Great Value!)
$57
$49
$48
Travelocity
$67
$80
All reviewssconesin townwine countrygerman restaurantparking situationwould stay here againsmall refrigeratorold schoolbath areadowntown jacksonvilleprivate patiotwo nightsstreet bistrocomfortable roommccully housewithin walking distancesouthern oregon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I just wanted to pass along my gratitude to Wendy at the Wine Country Inn for her extraordinary kindness during our snowstorm on Friday, Dec. 6. I had gotten stranded on the wrong side of Jacksonville Summit from my home, and she went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and was able to communicate with my husband (my cell phone battery had died). She even found a toothbrush I could use, complete with toothpaste. She was wonderful, and is definitely an excellent ambassador for the Inn. I definitely recommend the Wine Country Inn to out-of-town visitors.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

If I could give this place a 3.5 I would because I believe it's a nice place that is nearly close to being a 5 for me.

I'll start with the good things: The rooms are really clean and nicely appointed. The property is walking distance to a nice BBQ restaurant and overall in a good location not too far from the downtown historic area, about a 15 minute walk. They are also pet friendly. This was our first time in Jacksonville, and we would surely return to visit the beautiful countryside and some unique wine tasting in Southern Oregon. They offer coffee, fruit and juice in the morning. A very nice place overall.

However, there were a few places I felt the property fell short overall: 1) The pillows in our room were double sized and overall not comfortable. A normal pillow really would have made a difference. By the second and last night we agreed that our necks hurt and the massive pillows were likely the culprit. 2) We stayed with our family dog. While I appreciate that they accept pets, they put us in a designated "pet room," the room itself was fine, but it was really close to the road and a bit loud in the morning. Also the day we stayed it was trash day and we woke up early morning to some staff talking really loudly and the sound of a garbage truck. I appreciate that hotels have designated "pet rooms," for those guests with allergies, but why are they typically the ones in lousy locations? I should mention that the hotel was mostly empty when we stayed mid-week, so I would have thought that the hotel might have tried to accommodate their guests away from the dumpster action. Additionally, they charge a $25 per night cleaning fee. I should note that we didn't require service on one day but nonetheless ended up paying the $50 for bringing our beloved pooch, who is more quiet than most children I have seen at hotels. Also she's not a big shedder, kept clean and in her own bed -- I am sure they would have never known she was there, had we not mentioned it. And you would think that if you are paying more than the average guest, they would at least offer a room that is quieter.

I would certainly return to Jacksonville, but might try another hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the street, as the main drag is right outside with a lot of morning noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank georgenie
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed twice in the Pine Cottage, which is located some distance from the mail motel. However, there was a wine cork under the bed that was not ours, the floor had not been vacuumed in a while, the small table had food on it, there was dust here and there, no dish towel in the kitchen, no hand towels in the bathroom, no extra toilet paper, no bath mat the 2nd night and the straw that broke the camels back was the ring in the toilet. Now the only way you get a ring in the toilet like that is from disuse. The staff was nice about it, but we should not have had to ask for the hand towels the first day and then the second I had to leave a note about the toilet paper and bath mat. These are basic needs that should have been addressed by the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Don't choose this one unless you want the full kitchen
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank P A D
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times - first time 3 years ago - 2010 - always reliable - clean, large rooms and bathroom, very clean. Comfortable beds. Dog friendly. Convenient location. Nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I had a quiet and restful one-night stay in a standard king room on the second floor. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The staff was very sensitive to our situation, as we were in Jacksonville for the funeral service of a relative. This is the only motel in Jacksonville, although there are several B&B’s and inns, including some with the same owners/ management as the Wine Country Inn.

The king room was comfortable, spacious and clean. The king bed in our room was comfortable, with lots of pillows, and nice linens. The room had a flat screen TV with a good channel selection. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room. The climate control for the room maintained the temperature of the room at a comfortable level. The motel buildings and grounds appeared to be well maintained.

The location of the motel is good and is within walking distance to the center of town and several restaurants in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, or room in the one story part of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family