“Incredibly Nice Staff/ Comfortable Room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
The Wine Country Inn - Country House Inns Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I had a quiet and restful one-night stay in a standard king room on the second floor. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The staff was very sensitive to our situation, as we were in Jacksonville for the funeral service of a relative. This is the only motel in Jacksonville, although there are several B&B’s and inns, including some with the same owners/ management as the Wine Country Inn.

The king room was comfortable, spacious and clean. The king bed in our room was comfortable, with lots of pillows, and nice linens. The room had a flat screen TV with a good channel selection. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room. The climate control for the room maintained the temperature of the room at a comfortable level. The motel buildings and grounds appeared to be well maintained.

The location of the motel is good and is within walking distance to the center of town and several restaurants in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, or room in the one story part of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel, was very clean and the staff was nice. The morning scones were delicious! My only complaint is regarding the shower/tub, there was NO mat & I slipped & hit my head in the tub, the shower head is AWFUL!!! It took me an hour to rinse my hair! Very wasteful of water.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

When I clicked onto their web page and saw the price for the deluxe king room at $ 54.00 I almost fainted. I pushed confirm as quickly as I could. Even at $ 129.00 it would have been a very good deal. The room was large with nice sheets and a nice bathroom.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank JdogRossCa.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was one stop on the way home from our honeymoon. We arrived later in the evening in the middle of 3 wildfires and much smoke in the air. We were disappointed when we arrived into all the smoke. Aaron worked with us to make sure we were comfortable in our room and satisfied with the price. Aaron was very professional and personable. He diffused an unhappy situation and made it pleasant.

In the morning at check out, we were greeted by a friendly and smiling Carly. The employees were all so friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds very comfy. I admit, I didn't really care for the scones much or the coffee, but I am somewhat picky about my coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room has been recently redecorated/remodeled so its really cute and cozy. The big bummer though are the beds, which is the reason for the 3 rating. Other then that I would have give it a 4. Very clean room, outside could use some sprucing up but the rest of the complex was newly painted so maybe ours is next?. Gal at the front desk very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for newer section. They have houses /cabins too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staff- the staff was great! Karli made some winning recommendations and made sure we knew that she was available if we needed anything. No complaints about staff- everyone was VEERRY friendly.

Room- Meh. I was a little disappointed. This place is an updated motel and gets the job done with no frills. The shower had no power behind it and the bed was HARD, like ROCK HARD (and I usually like a supportive mattress, but this was a little ridiculous).

Location- Okay! We were able to walk to the center of town and that was nice.

Grounds- they clearly prioritize the landscaping. I was able to sit outside among trees and flowers and drink coffee and it was nice.

Scones- I was not a fan of the scones they serve in the morning. Yes, it's nice that they offer scones. Very nice. However, down the street is the Mustard Seed Cafe where they serve the most amazing cinnamon buns ever!! Can they strike a deal with the cafe and serve cinnamon buns in the morning? Sometimes the little details can make all the difference.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our fourth hotel in two weeks and we were feeling a little jaded. However, the staff were engaging and I felt as though we weren't simply a 'reservation'. The rooms had everything we needed, including wi-fi - which was free (not always the case in large chain hotels).

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
The Lodge at Riverside
#3 of 8 in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Inn
Jacksonville Inn
#1 of 8 in Jacksonville

Been to The Wine Country Inn - Country House Inns Jacksonville? Share your experiences!