“Nice stay in Jacksonville”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacksonville
The Wine Country Inn - Country House Inns Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Had wonderful weekend in Jacksonville seeing my old friend who moved there a few years ago. Besides all the fun we had in town, and catching up for years spent apart, it was a nice surprise staying at Wine Country Inn. I had a simple but nice room with king bed, and carpet seemed newly replaced. I had no problem with Internet connection and speed. The staff was very friendly and gladly helped me with a few requests. So I'm glad that my weekend sleeping situation turned out quite nice! I will stay again, maybe in the suite next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Wine Country Inn - Country House Inns Jacksonville

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had our puppy with us and stayed in the room for guests with pet. The carpet was filthy and the room smelled like baking soda. i didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot. Felt more like a motel. The breakfast was just sconce , juice and coffee period.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in the California King suite in the back. The room was a nice size, as was the shower (and it had good water pressure), the bed was comfortable and the location was great. We could walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go in downtown Jacksonville and there were many places within a short walk where we could get coffee/breakfast in the morning. It was nice to have a patio in the back but the outdoor area could be improved in a few ways - by adding some flowering plants and putting up a trellis or planting trees to block the eyesore building next door. The outdoor chairs also needed to be cleaned as there were many spider webs on them. Inside, it would have been nice to have some tissues in the room (this was a housekeeping oops as the front desk said they should have been there) and they could use an upgrade to a flat screen TV. The other thing that was a bit annoying was the parking situation. There is a long driveway to park in, but if you're not at the end you can get blocked in. However, for 2 of the 3 nights parking on the street was easy to find. For us, having more updated accommodations vs. quaint/historic/Victorian was a plus, so we'd stay again. One other tip: check-in is late (3 pm) but if you call ahead they will try to accommodate an earlier check-in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for two nights at the end of July for a chick trip weekend to see Chris Isaak at the Britt. We have stayed at this property for years as the Stage Lodge, so we booked here in its new persona, The Wine Country Inn. When we checked in, the woman at the desk was very nice and personable, but when she printed out my confirmation from her computer, it showed me staying three nights at $199 a night! Luckily I had the confirmation on my Droid that showed a price of $112 a night for two, and she adjusted the price to what I had. The room, a double queen, seemed about the same as always with a small refrigerator that was a plus. The next day I found that not only do you have to retrieve a clothes iron and board from the office, there were no in-room phones! I realize in this day and age most have cell phones, but not all. I do enjoy the outdoor tables and Adirondack chairs scattered on the grass for the guests. Overall an ok place to stay, but there are some boutique hotels nearby for not much more a night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was visting the small town for a conference. I needed a place close to my conference. It is a motel which I am usually not a fan of but this place was a pleasant surprise. I think they must have recently renovated because carpet looked new and walls look likely they had fresh paint. Bed was comfy with huge pillows. It had a small wardrobe to hang clothes and some drawer. There was a small frig. Bathroom was clean and spacious. Sink was outside of bathroom. Small TV but who cares cause you shouldnt be in your room anyway. Its a good walk to the little downtown. I did see a trolley that must take your around. I had good German beer and food at Schoolhaus Brewhaus which is in a 1908 old school house. Went to Brit festival which was a little outdoor music venue. Very fun!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The front desk staff, especially Jeff and Angela, were extremely friendly and bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. They provided a complimentary bottle of wine complete with basket, glasses and a note which was a very nice surprise! They have the gift of making guests feel as if they are the most important people in the world and truly do try to accomodate any reasonable request to make your stay more enjoyable. This quality of customer service is a bit hard to find these days.

Our room was a double queen room on the ground floor and while it appeared neat and tidy at first glance, we kept finding things that made us feel the room was not as clean as it could have been. We found crumbs from a previous guest on the edge of the boxsprings, on top of the bedskirt. As we were brushing the crumbs off, we noticed dirt and hair under the bed and behind the bed next to the wall. We also found hair in the corners of the bathroom.

The television was a bit small but the beds were pretty comfortable. We did hear our neighbors a few times (they had small children). Our room was approximately $125.00 including tax for a weekend. The next night, Sunday, we found a room in Medford that was just as comfortable and much cleaner for approximately $70.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I thought the rooms were pretty plain and was surprised that something called The Wine Country Inn didn't have a wine theme. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable but I wouldn't say it was worth what we paid. Jacksonville is fun and I enjoyed our stay but I wouldn't necessarily stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek
#3 of 8 in Jacksonville
Jacksonville Inn
Jacksonville Inn
#1 of 8 in Jacksonville

Been to The Wine Country Inn - Country House Inns Jacksonville? Share your experiences!