“Good service, average food”
Review of Las Palmas

Las Palmas
Ranked #13 of 25 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (541) 899-9965 I don't believe they have a website
Description: (541) 899-9965 I don't believe they have a website
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you want Mexican in Jacksonville, I think this is the only place. Las Palmas serves the usual fare - enchiladas, tacos, burritos, etc. with the obligatory beens and rice. The food is good but not outstanding. What is great is the service - friendly, quick and attentive. We ate outside and I would have to say that the ambience is better inside! The cost is reasonable and they have a good selection of Mexican beers.

There are newer reviews for Las Palmas

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Can't go wrong with homemade, fresh shells. Go for the shreaded beef. Even the refried beans were good and I usually don't bother to try them. Finished off the meal with sopapillas.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I'm a local, and love the back patio in nice weather. Reminds me of being on vacation in Mexico. Good service and the best Margaritas in town by far!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food is excellent the service is better..It is a great place to take family and try the margaritas.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

After our first bad experience with burnt food and non-existent service, we decided to give them a 2nd chance.(Because the other Mexican place was closed) Hands down the worst service I have ever experienced.  After ordering immediately because we were famished, we waited 35 minutes(in an empty restaurant) with empty water glasses and our food NEVER came, seriously...We left, without eating and will never go back!