“German Food with all the trimmings”

Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Start with the pretzels and a fine German Beer. Then move on to any of the meat dishes you prefer. The red cabbage is one of the best I've ever tasted. It's a fun place and we've loved it overtime we've gone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited this historic school house over a dozen times and I’ve never been disappointed.

I always order the Schnitzel von Schwein and I have never wanted to try anything else. Okay, I have tried the cabbage rolls and a couple of other entrees over the years but why mess up a good thing.

I order it with spetzel and beets.

Great flavor when you squeeze some lemon on the pig.

And the beers! Authentic German beers make this a great tourist destination. No, I have not joined the stein club. Octoberfest
Is celebrated here.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All of the menu items we tried were very delicious and brought back great memories of authentic German meals we enjoyed in Munich. The casseroles, schnitzels, sausages, pretzel rolls, potatoe salads were all bursting with wonderful flavors. Service was excellent. We were met immediately by staff when we arrived and were seated at a very nice round table where we enjoyed the experience in a historic building. It has a welcoming and cheerful vibe. The desserts were incredible! Loved the apple Strudel, German chocolate cake and bread pudding. Each very authentic, fresh, and Iveish I had room for more. Great selection of beers. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

If you love German food- its very good! There is newer outside seating, making for a fun time. Inside is cozy rooms. My favorite is the Wiener Schnitzel!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

For lunch my companion had the pork schnitzel platter with mushroom gravy and sauerkraut with warm potato salad. The tenderized pork cutlet was so large that it would have easily fed 3 people. The schnitzel was perfectly cooked, full of meaty flavor, juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside.

I thoroughly enjoyed each one of the five sausages on my sampler plate. Nothing that we ordered was greasy or too heavy. Everything was cooked to perfection, juicy and bursting with grilled pork flavor. The sauv blanc I ordered was just the right crispness to accompany my meal. The restaurant also provides a large selection of wines and beers. The potato salad seasoning was well balanced and the potatoes were tender.

The other diners in this immaculately clean and lovely rustic setting seemed to be enjoying their meals as much as we did.

Our server was friendly yet professional, checking in with us a couple of times during our visit.

I am definitely looking forward to our next visit. The cost of this meal including our entries and sides, one generous glass of wine, a pint of beer for my companion, two coffees, a chocolate truffle and chocolate cup cake for dessert was around $50, an authentic bargain for the superb food, great service and beautiful “old school” atmosphere.

1  Thank Elise Y