“Good beer, good food, good service”

Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I recently ate here with a group of people from her work. We both enjoyed the beers we had. The food (I had a sausage and pretzel, she had schnitzel) was well prepared and very tasty. The mustards served with my food were excellent! Our server (one poor soul dealing with over 15 people), did a great job of working with a group and was more than willing to split the check up any way we wanted.

My only complaint was dessert. We got a slice of German Chocolate cake, and the frosting on it was terrible!

We will go back. We just won't get the German Chocolate Cake!

2  Thank kolohe280

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Friendly service, good German food, interesting ambiance and quality beer sum up the experience. A brunch is served on Sundays. The setting is beautiful at the south edge of town a few blocks from the main street. Definitely worth the stroll.

1  Thank Toby R
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Fun and funky German brewhaus with very authentic German food. We enjoyed a draught of Dunkel bier - excellent brew and tasty food...

1  Thank MGA57GAL
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The atmosphere and decor makes you feel like Bavaria. This is a reasonably casual restaurant so casual attire is fine. The beer is also really good. Betcha can't drink just one. The food is better than average German food - a little heavy. The German food may not be so great for someone looking for light fare that resembles rabbit or bird food. For those people who enjoy various mustards, warm pretzels, kraut and schnitzel, this is your place. Did I mention they have great beer. The time we were there I think we had the St. Pauli Girl as a waitress.

I recommend walking or taking a non-beer drinking driver to allow for safe passage back to your lodging.

1  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped for lunch at this German restaurant and it was exactly what we wanted. Earlier this year we travelled in Bavaria and had a lot of dining experience over there. So this time we ordered two different types of sausages and two different beers, Everything was authentic German and had we not known we would have thought to be in Bavaria. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who likes German food.

1  Thank europetraveler39