“Real German Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sutter Creek, California
“Real German Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food here is real German food, so as many complain, it is a taste that you may not like. The food was great, lots of flavors and a lot of food for dinner. We were a little disappointed in the beer choices, just not a lot of choices. We took home dessert, and it was wonderful. The service was OK, only about 4 tables in the whole restaurant with people, and yet it felt inattentive.
I would go for the novelty, but, with so many other great restaurants in the area, they are going to have to do something to make this place seem special to get me back there on my travels to Oregon.

1 Thank RLRaceGirl

Eagle Point, OR
“Nice Place, Disappointing Service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and were the only ones seated inside. Took quite awhile to get beverages and waitress didn't bring sweetner/sugar for the coffee. We ordered the soup/sandwich special, half order of spaetzle, ruben sandwich and roast beef dip sandwich -- without the dip, so we had to ask for it. Then when she asked if there'd be anything else, we said coffee and the check. She brought the check but not the coffee. Don't know if she was new or just not with it. Although the atmosphere and the food was good, service getting our order was slow for weekday lunch and the wait staff was somewhat lacking.

1 Thank lawsonag
“Check it out. Very different”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was fun. Didn't try a lot of the food but the beers and pretzels are worth making the trip!! Giant steins of a good variety German and local. Fun staff

Oregon
“If you like Denny's, you'll LOVE it German style.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place has been around for a few years now. My husband and I have given it several tries and even at different times of year. This place is like Denny's they hide everything with gravy but it's cold... This place has a lot of charm but they are really lacking in quality and service. The pretzel's are good but come out too fast to be fresh, The schnitzel's I have ordered are cold and tough with gelatinous cheese that looks re-warmed in a Micro, and they served it with cold spaetzel. I would say that this is a place to go for beer and pretzel's not for dinner. Some people really like this place so, if you like your food prepped off sight and cold you would love it here.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank new2u
Medford, Oregon
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

On April 13 I had lunch there with a group of 12 ladies. Our reservation was for 1130 so they knew we were coming. Once we gave our orders it was 45 minutes before the food arrived. The server mixed up plates and diners giving people the wrong dish. That was quickly corrected. However my food was not good. I had a Ruben with a very sweet sauce and the sauerkrat was tastless. The french fries were luke warm. Cool food was the general complaint. Some dished did not arrive looking like the picture in the magazine.
This is my second meal at the restaurant and had similar issues the first time. I will not go back there again.

2 Thank Marge M