“Great Stay in a Quaint Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elan Guest Suites and Art Gallery

Elan Guest Suites and Art Gallery
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Francisco, California
“Great Stay in a Quaint Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

The attention to detail is amazing. Fresh ground coffee in the room, small reading lights, chocolate truffles by the bed, soft and firm pillow options.... We stayed the Portofino suite, which had a separate living room and back deck. It was more like an apartment, as it has cooktop and a full-size refrigerator. Very quiet at night, so we got an excellent night's sleep. Perhaps a bit pricey for some, at $220, but well worth it for those willing to spend a bit more. Cherie was quite helpful, too, booking a restaurant for us. Check-out at noon gives you time to explore the town.

The town of Jacksonville is quite charming, with good restaurant choices within walking distance. Included is a $10 credit at the local coffee shop, which also bakes pastries and breads daily.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room, but the Portofino suite, with a back deck, was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Élan is 5 star without a doubt. We have stayed here before a few years back but really took notice this time. The attention to detail , the condition of the property , the interior design and furnishing all of it top notch. We stayed in the suite and its like an apt. you would want to live in. Élan is spotless not just in your room but everywhere, even the garage. There is a very cool luggage elevator to bring your things up to your room. It is just a 1/4 block from the beginning of Main Street Jacksonville, and 3-4 good restaurants one being the best (Gogi's) I don't see how you one could not like Élan. Its fabulous.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The suite is the most spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TropicalTommy11
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay and I can not recommend it enough! I get there as early as I can and then I soak up every minute I can in the incredible atmosphere created here. Love having the space to just unwind. Jacksonville is amazing, but when I stay here I don't even want to leave! The little patio, the beautiful kitchenette. . . everything about it is just peaceful. My favorite place pretty much in the country to stay. I HIGHLY recommend!!! I have only been able to go about once a year but wish I could go more frequently!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stumbled upon Elan, and now our visits to Oregon are deliberately because of Elan! I would say it's a home away from home - but it's so much better! Cherie and Duane are so friendly, fun-loving and accommodating, it's almost unreal. Our vacation stays at Elan have made this military couple rethink our retirement plans - why move to Hawaii, when we could move to Oregon and visit Elan whenever we want? What a great stay!!

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in the Portofino suite during a week long trip to Oregon. We could not have been more satisfied with Elan. Centrally located in Jacksonville, a wonderful town just outside Medford and close to the Applegate Valley wineries. The rooms are large (around 700 square feet) with modern furnishings that look and feel brand new. Our unit had a large bathroom, very comfortable bed with the same type of fluffy bedding we use at home, a fully equipped kitchenette with high end appliances, and a lovely balcony. The sleeping area is separate from the living room/kitchen, giving the space a loft-like, but cozy feel. The room was immaculate. The owners have not left a single detail out of the picture. Everything you could possibly need, from umbrellas to reading pillows, were provided at no extra charge and ideally placed in the unit. The design is modern but with muted tones. The surrounding area, combined with the warm welcome we received and the attention to detail made our two nights in Jacksonville the highlight of our week long trip to Oregon. We will recommend Elan to all our friends and family and hope to escape to the sublime setting that this part of the state is, again very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in Jacksonville for fun, great wine tasting and the Britt Festival numerous times. This past weekend, we decided NOT to stay at our OLD favorite place, not sure if we can use names, White House at opposite side of town. What a pleasure it was NOT to be there (our friends stayed there and found crawlies). Elan Suites (Portofino was our room) is by for the nicest rooms in Jacksonville. Had it all, IPOd connections with built in sound system, Big Refrigerator, private parking, comfortable bedding, very modern and an amazing little balcony we sat on and enjoyed the Deer and view. I will never stay anywhere else while in this area. Cherie and Duane were very nice and stay nearby for any questions you may have. A must stay place to be!

Room Tip: I believe any of 3 rooms are amazing but the Portofino( I believe both Queen bedrooms have this balc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just recently spent a few days in Jacksonville and wow I was surprised by the beauty of the Elan Guest Suites. Very modern and chic rooms and very centrally located. It's right next door to Gogi's Restaurant which was amazingly good (and I live in NYC, so I know good food) and yards from one of the best coffee houses I've been too (Goodbean Coffee). I highly recommend staying here if you are traveling to Jacksonville or Southern Oregon in general.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites
#6 of 35 in Medford
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Been to Elan Guest Suites and Art Gallery? Share your experiences!