“Perfection!!!”

Jacksonville Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
“Perfection!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I went to the Chris Isaak (uber swoon) concert at the Britt. We were able to check in early and got great info for entry to the venue, which is within easy walking distance of the Jacksonville Inn. After the show (still swooning) we wandered back and had a light dinner out on the covered patio. The service, food and atmosphere were wonderful.
Our room was cozy, with the old brick walls and large modern bathroom. We had a relaxing breakfast out on the patio again; the service, food and atmosphere incredible.
We look forward to making the Jacksonville Inn a part of our pilgrimage to see Chris Isaak at the Britt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed for our 12th anniversary in room 5. Stayed in room 1 on our wedding night. Plan on staying in different rooms in the future. But we loved the hottub in room 1.Located in historic Jacksonville, we no longer hear log trucks rolling through town. A fond reminder of days gone past.

• Stayed August 2013
Concord, CA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I recently travelled to Washington from California, and broke up the trip by staying at several inns along the way. We could have stayed in Ashland or Merlin, but chose the Jacksonville Inn because we'd had such a nice time there in 2006. Well, our expectations were more than met. The Inn is lovely, historic with antiques, historic photographs, yet updated for the travelers' perfect comfort. As important, the entire staff, from the hotel manager to every wait staff member we encountered, were personable, friendly, and dedicated to providing excellent service. I look forward to travelling north again next year. We will definitely be staying at the Jacksonville Inn!

Room Tip: We peeked in several rooms; they were all lovely. We stayed in a room that looked down upon the mai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I grew up in and around Jacksonville, Oregon (now live in New York City). And in interest of full disclosure I spent most of my high school years (early 90's) bussing, hosting and waiting tables at the Jacksonville Inn. And even after all those years - there is not a single time I have been back to visit my parents that we have not gone to the Jacksonville Inn.

As a customer, I know the food and service is going to be stellar! As a former employee, I know that Jerry Evans (owner) expects nothing less than perfection from his kitchen and staff. It is without question the finest dining experience in the area. If you are visiting Southern Oregon you would be remiss not visit this historic landmark and winner of multiple fine dining awards. It is also worth noting that a president or two has dined here.

The Inn offers a variety of options for dining depending on the occasion – the main dining room offers the most elegant and romantic dining experience. The Bistro area offers a more casual experience – however that does not mean there is any less effort put into the quality of food or service (many of the dining room options are available on the Bistro Menu). And this is most often where my family and I go to indulge. And if you want to dine outside – there is always the patio area that offers a nice oasis complete with fountain and heating lamps should it get cold.
While I have never stayed at the B&B part of the Inn – I do know if I were coming to town and didn’t have a place to stay – it would be the first, any quite possibly, only place I’d think of booking.

As for my favorite Items on the menu: ALL OF THEM – Seriously, I keep track of what I had last time so I know on my next visit what to have. You cannot go wrong with anything you order, I promise, but if I had to narrow it down:
Appetizer:
•Seafood Fettuccini
•Petrale Sole
Dessert:
•Raspberry Hazelnut Meringue
•If you are only going once the must have is the Marionberry Strudel wrapped in phyllo dough topped with Frangelico custard sauce.

You cannot go wrong when visiting the Jacksonville Inn. If you are in Ashland or Medford, it is well worth the quick drive to both visit this amazing little historic town and treat yourself to some of the finest food in all of Southern Oregon. I was just home just two weekends ago (I personally, had the patrale sole). And last weekend I made their lentil soup - it's what I'm having for lunch today. Bon Appetite!

Room Tip: You can definitely find a room that best suits your needs - or a cottage, if you prefer a more seclu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for 3 evenings during our mini-vacation to Oregon. We stayed in Room 5, which was perfect for us and truly met our expectations. We ate dinner on our arrival evening, and the staff and the meal itself was just excellent. Mr. Evans, the owner of the Inn, wanted to know how our experience had been thus far (as we were seated for dinner.) When I told him that the internet connection in our room was not working, he said he would look into it right away. Not 10 minutes later, another employee, Cody (sp?) stopped by the table to advise us that he had checked the connection and it was working, but if we still continued to have problems after we returned to the room, to let us know. That, my friends, is what we call excellent service. We would also like to say thank you to Jason, our waiter. He was a lot of fun to chat with, and contributed to the enjoyment of our evening even that much more.

We ate our breakfasts out on the patio every morning and the breakfasts were delicious. We especially enjoyed the eggs benedict and the peppered bacon. Wow.
Again, we would like to give kudos to our waiters Paul and Dylan (sp?). We chatted with both of them and what a delight to have them as our waiters.

After a day of wine-tasting in the Applegate Region (which was beautiful, by the way),
we wanted to have an after-dinner bottle of wine back at the Inn, but did not want to sit inside in our room, as it was a beautiful evening. We went downstairs and the gentleman who was seating guests on the outside patio that evening said that it would be perfectly fine to sit at one of the tables and enjoy our bottle of wine. We thought that was fantastic. We ended up getting some creme brûlée to enjoy with the wine a little later on.

The reason why we did not rate the Inn at 5 stars is that when we returned from our day of wine-tasting late Saturday afternoon, the door to our room was open. We are still not sure why this occured, but it definitely gave us pause, since our suitcases and belongings were in the room and could have been accessible to anyone passing by. Luckily, everything seemed to be intact, and we did not find anything missing. We were running late for the airport and forgot to mention this to management when we checked out, but again, this was our only less than perfect experience that occurred during our stay.

We would definitely recommend that if you are planning a visit to Jacksonville, the Jacksonville Inn is THE place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Jacksonville Inn for over 10 years now and have never been disappointed. Antique filled romantic rooms, cottages with large jetted tubs, steam showers, and a full chef inspired breakfast included in the price. If you're in Jacksonville, this is the place to stay and eat!

Room Tip: Our favorite room is the Peter Britt room. Any of the cottages are simply amazing!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We enjoyed the most amazing and unusual special dishes tonight that were beyond our expectations. Both were on the special listed menu for the evening. I would order them again. Service was prompt yet relaxing. Wine superb.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites
Inn at the Commons
#6 of 35 in Medford
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford
Best Western Horizon Inn

Been to Jacksonville Inn? Share your experiences!