“I keep coming back”

Ranked #1 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“I keep coming back”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Each time I return I find even more to like. My most recent visit included the "must" dining on the patio and taking in the fabulous breakfast. New to me this year was the wine shop. I found a few treasures to take back home with me. This trip my wife joined me for the first time. We checked out the cottages and got a look inside at the The Presidential / Honeymoon Cottage. Special! No doubt we will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have the good fortune of living in the Rogue Valley and being able to visit the Jacksonville Inn often. Over the years, my family has celebrated many special occasions there, and it's the place we take our friends from out of town. We've dined on the lovely patio during warm summer evenings, eaten in the Bistro where the atmosphere is laden with history, and had more formal gatherings in the elegant dining room. In all the different areas of this unique Inn the gourmet food, which has won top awards, and exceptional, friendly service are always consistent. For really special times we've stayed overnight in one of the cottages...all of which are extraordinary with canopy beds, fireplaces, steam showers. fire places, and living room areas. We call these occasions our escape to excellence! I'm looking forward to our next "escape!" P.S. The wine list and the desserts unequaled!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stay at the Jacksonville Inn every year going and coming from Salem. It is the highlight of my trip. I travel with a dog and the staff is extremely dog friendly. The rooms are comfortable and cozy. The restaurant has fabulous food. Sitting in the patio and dining when the weather is warm is delightful. Eating in the cozy dining room when the weather is a little chilly is equally as nice. The full free breakfast with your room is right off the regular breakfast menu and delicious. The accomodations, staff, wine shop, food and ambience cannot be beat. On my way home this year I stayed at the Westin in Sacramento and it wasn't even in the same ballgame as the Jacksonville Inn. They also offer coffee, tea and biscotti first thing in the morning with the local newspaper.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the Gin Lin room which is the room provided to people traveling with pets. Ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I attended some meetings in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and had a wonderful stay. The room is in an old brick building that has operated as a hotel for over 100 years, but it still has all the amenities that one could ask for of a modern hotel. Even the check in is cool, being surrounded by thousands of bottles of wine. So while checking in you can choose a bottle of wine from any style or grape type you want. The beds are comfy, the room spacious and the breakfast is to die for. You get to choose from anything on the menu in the restaurant that takes one back to the old west days (but only in decor and ambiance). The food is a wide selection of the standard fare with a special 'skillet' delight each day. I highly recommend the Jacksonville inn and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 which is a corner room that overlooks Jacksonville's main street and also ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Victoria
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Right in the heart of Historic Jacksonville, on Main St., you'll find the Jacksonville Inn and its many dining opportunities. Lovers of history and comfort need look no further. The owners Jerry & Linda are delightful and could regale you with stories galore from their near 4 decades running the inn. Fascinatingly enough 4 of the last 5 Presidents have stopped here!

While the staff and accommodations are noteworthy it was the food that really put things over the edge. Just wonderful - truly wonderful.

Thanks JVI! Our visit here really contributed to our time in southern OR

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was traveling on business and found the Jacksonville Inn and entire town of Jacksonville to be an amazing experience! My room was gorgeous, clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. Eating alone at the bar was great, for the bartender made me feel very welcome. The food was delicious and presentation was perfect. The food was so good, I ate at the same restaurant 4 more times in 2 days. I will be back with my wife... business will have to wait!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a steam shower (I was in #4). My first experience in one was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Fantastic hotel, excellent restaurant - recommended highly. The staff is eager to help make your stay a memorable one, be sure to inquire about the cottages they are across the street form the main hotel in a residential neighborhood and provide for a great local feel.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek
Riverside Inn
Riverside Inn
#4 of 18 in Grants Pass
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Been to Jacksonville Inn? Share your experiences!