“Big Surprise in a Small Town!”

Mangiare Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After eating here for the first time, we have retunred once a week since. have not been disappointed. Love the combo gelato, a must have. Can't wait to try other items on a varied menu and lunch specials are unbelieveably priced.

1  Thank Demarbieax

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Firstly, to say something nice - I really liked the ambiance. The restaurant looks very nice and clean. I was there Friday evening so it was really busy and noisy around but it was still nice. Because it seemed like all of the people were sitting quiet far away from you. The food was okay, I hoped that there would be more spaghetti dishes to pick from. I picked a pasta meal that was tasty but nothing special and I think it didn't worth the money. My husband ordered a vodka pasta type dish which was very interesting and I would give a plus for this one. But overall I don't know if I would go back. If I would go back then probably just because it is either the only Italian place or one of the few Italian places around here. I am not sure.

1  Thank Michaela D
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stopped in on a Saturday for our first meal at Mangiare, late lunch and ordered from the dinner menu. Greeted and promptly seated. Good menu to make a selection. Enjoyed the bread, Caesar salad and a favorite Miso Mare. Husband was not as pleased with his Spaghetti and meatballs. Plenty of sauce, as requested, too spicy for his taste. Overall, we were both pleased with the restaurant and plan to return and enjoy another meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've been enjoying Mangiare for a couple years now - very nice to have something other than the standard Mexican restaurant that normally opens in town. Pro tip: their soups - and if you get a chance to have their clam chowder, well, lets just say it's the best I've had. ever.

The owners are wonderful, husband main chef; wife primary front person.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

On a whim while out with friends we decided to stop in Independence for lunch and found Mangiare. What a nice experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dining area has a nice old-fashioned feel but the lunch was wonderful and it was a great value. Looking forward to our next visit - maybe for dinner this time.