“Our favorite”

The Pink House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://willamettelive.com/story/Pink_House_Cafe_offers_big_time_elegance_in_a_small_town144.html
Independence, Oregon
“Our favorite”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We love this restaurant for any meal. I can always find gluten free choices, and the staff is very helpful with suggestions. The BBQ ribs are to die for!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank C Y

“Waited 45 minutes for no food while other larger tables that came in after us were served their food.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Walked out without being served after waiting 45 minutes. The waitress didn't turn our order in until she took an order from a table of 7 that came in after we did. They were all served while she made excuses to us about how the "cook was training a new hire and they were over whelmed". There were 2 tables! A total of 10 people!!!! I asked "did you switch the order of the tickets?" She said "I'll find out." She came back after serving even more food to the other table saying "yes, they switched the order." Excuse me! you didnt notice that while you were back there helping them prepare??? We got up and walked out. They are not competent enough to serve 2 freakin tables!!!! Besides that, there special was sold out. They had two sandwich boards outside drawing people in with the special but you go inside and try to order it, find out they don't have it. There was another reader board inside with the special listed. Hello!! Do you have an eraser??? Place sucks! Would never go back!!!

• Visited August 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Fabulous experience! Everyone was over the moon!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just today, I hosted my best friend's bridal shower here! I called a couple months ahead and the staff was extremely accommodating! We had a separate room (so we could be a little noisy) and the table was decorated beautifully! The bride doesn't eat gluten, and all the appetizers they provided she could eat AND we all found delicious! Water glasses stayed full, everyone loved their lunch entrees, and the restaurant is so pretty! Jen(n) (sp?) was one of the staff members who helped with the booking, serving, and taking our group photos! She is a true blessing!

Great spot for any kind of "girly" gathering!

• Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great place to eat and very nice owners”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this little cafe on Mothers Day and had one of the nicest lunches we've had in years. The converted house is very cute and very nice and just a few blocks off Independence's historic main street. the food was excellent and the owners were very nice and welcoming. The portions were large, well prepared and reasonably priced. The chicken curry was particularly good as were their desserts. The Sunday we stopped, they were serving a special menu, so the selection was reduced a little for the day. We reviewed their normal menu and were impressed at how deep it was for a small town restaurant. If you are near Independence, be sure and stop in for a great meal.

• Visited May 2013
Monmouth, Oregon
“Creative, fresh food and nice server/owner”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

After a long day at work, and in a brief interval before attending a play at WOU, my husband and I had dinner at Pink House Cafe. We were immediately greeted and seated in a room in the front part of the house. After about 10 minutes of listening to the people at the table next to us carry on a conversation with a another loud and gratingly voiced diner across the room, we got up to leave. Paul, who may be the owner, very quickly and kindly seated us in a different room so we could dine in peace. The food is quite good. I had the chicken and butternut squash ravioli which Paul said was his favorite (and also said he created the butternut squash sauce). It was delicious. My husband had the pork ribs and raved about them. I had eaten lunch here once before and enjoyed the curry chicken salad on greens. The lovely, quaint setting and friendly and efficient service contributes to the quality of the experience. This is a great place, especially for small town America.

• Visited May 2013