“Creative, fresh food and nice server/owner”

The Pink House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://willamettelive.com/story/Pink_House_Cafe_offers_big_time_elegance_in_a_small_town144.html
Monmouth, Oregon
“Creative, fresh food and nice server/owner”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

After a long day at work, and in a brief interval before attending a play at WOU, my husband and I had dinner at Pink House Cafe. We were immediately greeted and seated in a room in the front part of the house. After about 10 minutes of listening to the people at the table next to us carry on a conversation with a another loud and gratingly voiced diner across the room, we got up to leave. Paul, who may be the owner, very quickly and kindly seated us in a different room so we could dine in peace. The food is quite good. I had the chicken and butternut squash ravioli which Paul said was his favorite (and also said he created the butternut squash sauce). It was delicious. My husband had the pork ribs and raved about them. I had eaten lunch here once before and enjoyed the curry chicken salad on greens. The lovely, quaint setting and friendly and efficient service contributes to the quality of the experience. This is a great place, especially for small town America.

• Visited May 2013

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Chicken Paprikash and Willamette Valley Pinot on the patio”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pink house is really pink and little. We went to the movies in Independence then walked across the street for dinner. Menu was wonderful. Choices included grilled salmon, short ribs, pasta, sandwiches, a great looking burger and my chicken paprikash. Salads and a small bit of fruit were the accompaniments. Nice wine list......lovely dessert selection. Very reasonably priced for the quality. We loved it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank NMGIRL78
Independence, Oregon
“Not many options”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I wasn't a huge fan of the food. Not very many options at all, and I didn't like what I order, and my friend did love hers either

Visited April 2012
Philomath, Oregon
“Casual elegance”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Independence OR is home to a number of historic buildings in its downtown core. Among them is the well-hidden Pink House Cafe. Had a friend not mentioned it, we would not have known about this pleasant eatery. The short menu offers a number of tasty choices, ranging from several sandwich items (we lean toward a half sandwich with soup or salad) and Mount Angel sausages to regular dinner items. Sometimes we've splurged and shared a milkshake or have ignored the calorie intake for one of their dessert items. Often we opt to take home a dessert and a couple of scones. Seating is limited, so reservations might be a good idea, but not required.
The cozy atmosphere provides privacy, yet sometimes conversations have been known to reach from table to table. Our most recent visit proved to be a reunion of sorts as our waitperson was one of my former students. The cafe is easy to find as sign boards on the highway leading into town point the way. Or you can find the movieplex located across the street from the Pink House. Bon appetit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ArtFromPhilomath
Keizer
“So yummy!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoy our visit to the charming Pink House! My personal favorite is the curry chicken salad. A bed of field greens with a large serving of FRESH fruit . I must not forget about the curry chicken salad! Perfectly amount of curry , nuts , dried fruit & Chicken! It is the always a friendly , quaint & cozy atmosphere .

• Visited December 2012