“Beautiful butterflies, great for older kids and adults”
Review of Wings of Wonder - CLOSED

Wings of Wonder
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Wings of Wonder was really neat, lots and lots of pretty butterflies flying around as well as snakes and iguanas in their reptile room. I took my 2 and 4 year old boys, and feel they were a bit too young to appreciate it. They asked that we be quiet and move slowly while in the butterfly building, and that was difficult for my energetic little guys. I think that kids 2nd grade on up would have a more enjoyable experience.
Overall, it was a beautiful and fun experience that I am glad we were able to do, although I feel it was a bit pricey for admission. It's very warm in the butterfly building, so be sure to wear something cool. There are no restrooms but they do have a port-a-potty available for use. The staff was friendly and kind.

4  Thank KeizerBeachMama
There are newer reviews for Wings of Wonder

Reviewed July 25, 2010

This would have been a wonderful activity, if I could have made it passed the she-male guarding the entrance. The customer service was horrible. The person working insulted me in front of my family and made the entire 2.5 hour trip and memory a very sad one for me. Arguing my love for butterflies and my fear of birds was not the way I intended this trip to be. Please be advised if you are planning on bringing a dog with you, DO NOT. The person working the front will make you feel completely awkward for leaving your pet in the vehicle. If you can tolerate the personality of a complete idiot feel free to check it out, I have never in my life been turnex off so quickly by a persons attitude/pressence and for me thats a big deal. Im sure it is a very interesting and wonderful place, but based on the customer service, I would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

4  Thank Butterflybell
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Wings of Wonder was amazing. It's a butterfly conservatory, and Oregon is so lucky to have it. Everyone should go to "experience" this place. We went to a similar one is Key West, Florida which was rated very highly by Tripadvisor. I thought Oregon's is even better.

You walk into a large greenhouse room and are immediately transported to a tropical jungle. Then a huge beautiful bright blue butterfly gently flutters past you; then you see more and then more; all different colors and sizes. It was magical. There are also snakes (caged), frogs, and birds.

They also do a great job of educating people about butterflies,how to raise them, and how important their habitat is. Bravo to the husband and wife team that work so hard to make this place happen.

5  Thank Eurmac