“Never fails to meet all expectations. Fun, safe professional service every time.”

North Umpqua Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 1, 2017

I am an avid outdoors person and I have also been in the customer service field most of my life. I expect to get my moneys worth and I expect good service which I have received nothing but every time I have rafting with Bill and his crew. I have been rafting with Bill for close to 28 years now. Safety is his number one goal but he knows how to help you have the most fun possible within those guide lines. He and his wife Sharon are also very committed to the community around them and were key in helping the firefighters fight the devastating fires this last summer by porting them and their equipment across the river. A++ service all the way!

Reviewed August 10, 2017

We had fun but miss placed our keys at the end of the trip. Bill (the owner) had a horrible attitude and was down right RUDE!

Bill B, Owner at North Umpqua Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

We will take responsibility for providing a fun rafting adventure as we have been doing this for 28 years. We are sorry that this guest put her keys in her group's personal dry bag and forgot that she did that. Due to her panic and accusations that it was our staff that lost her keys in one of our two vehicles, a staff member and I searched them thoroughly. When we could not find them. Next it was the shuttle driver who took them (my wife). To help calm this person/situation, I , the owner of the company, Bill B, firmly directed her to think hard where she put her keys. I am sorry she perceived this as rude. One of my staff quietly told me she found them in her personal dry bag.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

I've lived in the area of the world reknown North Umpqua River nearly 40 yrs. and had never been down it on a guided raft tour until summer of 2012. This was one of the funnest things I've done in my life and right in our backyard! It's full of rapids and some of the most beautiful country you could see. It's not crowded at all as some of the guided tours in our state could be. Bill and Sharon are the best! He is so knowledgeable of the history of the area. She has a lunch prepared where we stop at a campground. This trip can't be beat and if you visit Douglas County in the summer, this is a must for a thrilling, fun and memorable thing to do. We finally were able to have some friends come up and we did it again last month. Hopefully all our visitors will want to check this out.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

It will be difficult for me not to give this company a high rating because my son and I were 30 minutes late for the start of our trip and they waited for us. Thank you. Luckily we did not inconvenience anyone else on the trip. Now for the real rating, still 5 Stars. Great instruction, felt safe, great tour guiding. However, the real star of this adventure is the scenery, beautiful river with appropriate rapids for our level of experience, which was none. The trip took approximately 3 1/2 hours for the half-day, the water is cold and you will get wet, with little time to dry off between rapids. If you do the half day trip you will probably do section two of the river which offers the most rapids per mile of any river in Oregon. I highly recommend this section with this company.

1  Thank WCLaw