All reviewsfly fishingdining roomumpqua riverother gueststhe cottagessandwichoregon winesthe main lodgehalf milesoupsalmonnext morningmaple ridgeone night staycommon deckhouse winewonderful lunch
Reviewed March 10, 2007

We stayed at the Steamboat this last November for our association meeting. The Inn is on the pristine Umpqua river one of the few wild steelhead fishing rivers on the west coast. Large schools of steelhead can be viewed along the many pools of the river and this section is catch and release. Even though we did not fish we enjoyed thre spectacular beauty of this area along with great hiking and/or biking trails. The entire Staff at the steamboat made us feel very welcome and the food and service was first rate. The room we were in had a comfortable king size bed and a cozy fireplace with a wonderful views of the river. The facilities include a large meeting room and library and large dinning room and reception area. They have a large stock of fly fishing gear, in case you forget to bring something. The location is between Roseburg and Crater lake. We loved it and will definintly return.

M & D

1  Thank washsquare
Reviewed November 11, 2006

Being an "inn" owner, I get the benefit of traveling some to different properties to attend conferences for organizations of which we belong. Last week I had the great fortune to attend a Unique Meeting in a part of Oregon that I've never been to. This wonderful gem sits on the Umpqua river, I mean, right on the river. I was in cabin #5 and all I had to do was open my back door and I could hear the river sounds all day and all night. There was something very soothing about this property. Though I was there for a conference, I felt more like I was at a "soul - soothing retreat". From the moment I entered the lodge I felt welcomed and pampered in a soulful way. My cabin was very comfortable equiped with all I needed from coffee pot to hair dryer. The food was outstanding as were the Oregon wines consumed. If you love hiking, fishing, or just soaking in the natural beauty of the wilderness, this is the place for you! I can't wait to take my husband back so that Pat can take him "fly fishing". Many thanks to Sharon, Jim, Pat and their gracious and friendly staff, and an extra special thanks to the housekeeper who kept my cabin so clean!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank foodieldy
Reviewed November 7, 2006

Wow! As an escape from the hustle and hassle of daily life, it was recommended that I take a trip to the Steamboat Inn. What I found at the inn was much better than I could have imagined. An incredible inn in an incredible setting with an incredible staff. The river and surrounding woods are some of Mother Nature’s finest works. Truly beautiful, pristine and unspoiled. I found hiking in the beautiful setting energizing and restorative rather than tiring. Upon return to the inn, there was a welcome, warmth and charm that is seldom found in a commercial establishment. It was like being received into the home of generous, old friends – who just happen to know how to live really well. Gracious and informative but never intrusive, the staff and innkeepers at Steamboat provided the perfect mix of hospitality, guidance on area attractions and comforting space to enjoy all the wonders at my own pace. And then there was the food. First class cuisine served in a comfortable and convivial setting made from fresh, local ingredients and served with fantastic wines (mostly Oregon wines). Nothing could have made this trip more enjoyable or more relaxing and restorative to my senses.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank CdMPaul
Reviewed September 3, 2006

We stayed here on our way to crater lake. It was like a gem tucked away in the mountians. It was very peaceful all you could here was the sound of the river. We only stayed one night which I thought wasn't long enough. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and cozy. The food was very good though we didnt do the evening dinner but Im sure it would have been execellent. Be sure to try the rolled ups for breakfast it like a pancake with strawberry & rhubarb preserve on top and sour cream inside. (very yummy)
If you stay here be sure to see the waterfalls in the area they are pretty spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grooveytravels
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Beautiful spot on the river, perfect relaxation.

2  Thank Nancy S