“Great find!”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idleyld Park
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Idleyld Park B&B and Inns
“Great find!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stopped there for lunch on the way from Crater Lake to the coast. Great food friendly people. Neat cabins on a beautiful setting. The food was excellent and was served in a timely manner. Though we did not stay over night the cabins looked cute and well maintained. The grounds were also very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dmat44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, OR
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I have stopped by here once or twice for coffee and pie when enjoying this lovely highway on our motorcycles. It was a treat to bring our sister and brother in law on our annual motorcycle trip. We dropped in about 10:30, so one of us had an omelette, two others had their special thin pancakes with sour cream and rhubarb/strawberry sauce, and I had curried chicken couscous soup as I'm not much of a breakfast food fan. All were terrific! Tasty, well presented and not too expensive, especially relative to the gorgeous setting. Service was very good - prompt, helpful. I especially liked how when I couldn't decide between the soup or a bran muffin, he suggested I sub the bran muffin for the bread normally served with the soup... which would give me both! Nicely done, young man :) The hotel option looked really nice but is too expensive for us. I think brunch is a great value opportunity to enjoy this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MW-PDX
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at one of the available houses at Steamboat Inn for one night while on a River Rafting Trip. The house was extremely clean and served our needs well. The decor is a little outdated, but comfortable. Beds were comfortable, plenty of hot water for our large party. My only complaint was that there was not an appealing outdoor space. This house is right on the river, so it would have been nice to have an outdoor dining area. There was only a small plastic table and a few plastic chairs. Big lot but no landscaping to speak of. The folks at the main lodge were very helpful and let us store our gear and coolers at the lodge while we went on our rafting trip. All in all, I would recommend. And do take a rafting trip down the Umpqua- AWESOME!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pdxfamily4
Pasadena, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stopped here for two nights after visiting the Ashland Shakespeare Festival. We drove via Crater Lake. The rooms on the river have a beautiful deck where it's great to sit and read. The room is okay, but cramped. We also stayed one night in one of the cabins about a half mile up the road. They are nice, but no view. Dinner is not as good as promised, but very acceptable. Since this is the only nice place between Crater Lake and I-5, it doesn't have much competition. If you're a fly fisherman, this is paradise. Lots of interesting waterfalls to walk to as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river by reserving early.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
new milford, ct
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We were heading to Crater Lake and this inn is about an hour away. The location is lovely and our "cabin" was right beside the roaring Umpqua river. We had to pay for our two nights in full on reserving and the cancellation policies are very restrictive. The room was nicely done, exceptionally clean, but small. With no window we had to leave the screen door open at night . It didn't close properly and the bugs came marching in. There was no lock. The highly tauted dinner, right beside a prime fishing river was duck. I don't eat meat and I got the same side of pasta as the duck eaters but with a few frozen shrimps thrown in as my meal.The next day we ordered a bag lunch to take on our hike and for $25 each got a white bread sandwich and rotted fruit.
Our final bill had four errors amounting to over $200.
This is a beautiful place but needs a bit of oversight in the kitchen and at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank quietseeker41
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We rented one of the Campwater houses for our Christmas (2011) so that we could be in the same vicinity as most of our family. I should mention, it was also one of the few places that would accept our dog. It became one of the best, most memorable holidays for us. The house was immaculate with plenty of towels, etc. The kitchen was very well stocked with utensils and pots/pans and place settings for eight. I had brought some larger pans we us just in case (as we were having several family members join us at the house for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner), but found i didn't need them. The setting was perfect, right on the river and near hiking. The wood burning fireplace was perfect - along with a huge stack of firewood waiting under the carport. The restaurant at the Lodge happened to be closed for the holiday weekend, but we were treated to a specially made breakfast just for us when we went to check out. Just lovely! The lodge is beautiful as well and there is a community room with fireplace, a large TV and wetbar setup - maybe we'll rent a movie and head there next time we're at Steamboat.

Room Tip: Some of the Campwater houses have 1 1/2 baths - nice if you have a family
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Victoria
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Enroute to the bay area I decided to take a small detour of I5 and try out the Steamboat Inn which was recommended as one of the Unique Inns group. I was unsure what to expect but as the road wound its way along the Umpqua and civilization melted away I realized I was in for a treat.

I arrived for the opening night of the 2012 season and was greeted warmly by Sharon and Pat. The common lodge room bright a smile to my face with the abundant use of timber and fly fishing paraphernalia and all I could think was "why am I just here for one night?"

My king bedded cabin was immaculate and comfy with a gas fire and outdoor deck facing the river. The sounds of the rushing water soothed away the days stresses as I prepared to meet the other guest for the communal dinner.

We started with a glass of wine and apps in the library then moved into the dining room and dined together on a three course meal. First up was a mushroom tart with wild greens salad and then the main course of duck breast, wild rice with dried fruits, roasted cauliflower , spinach and more. Delicious dessert wrapped up a great night and off to lala land I went.

I would have stayed a 2nd night but they were full with a winemakers dinner for 50+ folks.

Thanks to all at Steamboat for a great stay!

Room Tip: The river suites ae great but they also have full houses as well as cabins in the woods
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo