“Cozy and rustic”
Review of Dogwood Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idleyld Park
Dogwood Motel
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have been patronizing the Dogwood for several years. We find the accommodations to be rustic, but clean and adequate. This year we noticed that the cabins have been updated and were nicer than ever. The owner is on site most of the time and is very willing to meet any need you may have and provide the great hospitality the Dogwood is known for. We enjoyed the glass of wine we shared with the owner and the fly fisherman up for fishing on the beautiful Umpqua River. You can stay at nicer places in bigger cities, but you will not get the taste of the area or of the wonderful atmosphere provided here. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank koikichibarb
There are newer reviews for Dogwood Motel

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have stayed at the Dogwood many times and have always enjoyed our stay. The cabins may not be modern and upscale but we have always found them to be clean, comfortable and have the amenities we need. The grounds are well maintained with a beautiful koi pond filled with some of the most beautiful koi fish I've ever seen. Love the evening gathering in the gazebo next to the koi pond and visiting with other travelers. The river, which is just across the street, is slow moving at this spot and has a nice beach area. You can't beat the price especially for what you get. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a beautiful spot to fish, hike, mountain bike or just general rest and relaxation!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Jen E
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have visited the Dogwood on many occasions, over a number of years and I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed it. As a desert dweller, the difference in the scenery is wonderful. It is a joy to walk out in the morning and be surrounded by so many trees and the beautiful river just across the road. Its like having my own rustic mountain cabin with none of the work or expense. And there is so much to do! I love hiking the waterfalls best, I think. On the other hand sitting in the gazebo and watching the beautiful koi at the end (or beginning or middle) of the day is so incredibly peaceful I might have to move the falls to second place. The staff have been welcoming and helpful every time I visit and always offer great suggestions on where to go and what to do. Thank you so much.

Elizabeth Broeker
Chandler, Arizona

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
17  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed December 8, 2011

You will find an old fashioned motel complete with good old fashioned hospitality. While not modern and upscale, the rooms were comfortable, neat and clean during our visits. I can stay there five nights for what I pay for a single night in downtown Portland. Everything that other visitors have said about the beautiful grounds and setting are definitely true. There are very few other choices for places to stay in the area and we have had friends stay in most of them. Yes, they were nicer and more modern but we never felt they were enough nicer to spend about twice the money and certainly not in this economic climate. We have enjoyed our visits and would definitely return should I travels take us that way again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
18  Thank John G
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I would say the grounds of this establishment are 5 star. They have a koi pond, lovely flowers and plants, a gazebo, nice picnic facilities and are right across the highway from a beautiful river. The cabins are very outdated, dirty with the antiquated TV sets chained to the wall. I would rate them about a 1 star. However, the location is superb. We weren't fishermen, so maybe they wouldn't care, what they sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank GrandmaGoldwing
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Motel room had unreliable heating all night. When motel mgr. came to inspect, he told us to use a butter knife to reset breaker inside heater housing, which only worked once. And in the morning we saw that doing so could've electrically shocked us, as there were exposed wires.

When we complained in morning and asked for partial refund, motel mgr. told us he'd consider doing so if we cleaned our room instead of his housekeeping staff. Flabbergasted, we asked why, and were told "because our dogs had been on the bed". This after paying a pet deposit, and going without heat for the night.

Oh, and the koi pond motel mgr. recommends seeing? Be careful, as what he doesn't tell you about are the motion activated sprinklers designed to scare deer, and the inadvertant soaking you'll get.

So, as I said, wouldn't recommend ...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackson4WD
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stopped here after an amazing day on the scenic drive and at crater lake. Stayed one night. The motel is not luxury digs-- it is old and spartan, but a good value. great for kids-- the innkeeper let us wander around his lovely garden and feed the koi in the pond. We are on our way to expensive digs on the coast and really appreciated the value.

15  Thank IdaPease
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Dogwood Motel? Share your experiences!