IdleYld Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Roseburg Inn(Roseburg)
Rose City Motel(Roseburg)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

First of all - this place is a work in progress and is darling. The new owners are gradually working on updating the property. We had lunch here one day and then stopped again on another day to get box lunches for our fishing trip, which they pack in a little insulated cooler that you keep. (The lunches were very good, by the way.) The food and hospitality were excellent. We took a tour of the rooms. They are spartan and plain but very clean and smelled nice. Do not expect rooms comparable to a big chain hotel. This is a small, historical, private establishment. It's not as fancy as some B&B's I've stayed in but then it's not the price either. I thought that, for the price, it was very sensible. I'd stay here if I was coming back to the area! Thanks for the good food and conversation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank greeneyedgurl
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed two nights at this little gem. The rooms are simple, but clean. You have everything you could want. Ron and his daughter went out of the way to plan a special surprise for our family's personal little holiday. The service is personal and provides anything you could want. The food is absolutely amazing! Breakfast comes with the rooms and you simply pick what you want from the menu. If you don't have time to spend a night or two at the lodge, plan to eat a meal there. It's worth driving out of the way for the meals. In almost three weeks of travel throughout OR and WA, this food ranked among our best meals.

2  Thank mooseAustin_TX
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms are very clean and cozy. The owners and staff are so hospitable, made for a great stay. The food is amazing! You must try the prime rib dip and the pulled pork! I was very impressed with the whole experience. I will be going back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a first time customer on 7-14-13 I can't say enough about this establishment to anyone who finds this jewel on the North Umpua, east of Roseburg, Or. I give Ron Welch and Staff kudos for the quality of the food and service. I can definitely say that I will be a return customer. I wish Ron and everyone the utmost success in their endeavor.

Sincerely, M.Speakman

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My choice for birthday treat today was to visit the Idleyld Lodge for lunch and then take in some of the beautiful nature along the way. We are from the local (Sutherlin) community and had not eaten there before. We tried the special, a prime rib dip, and a pulled pork sandwich. Both were excellent. The prime rib dip was the best I've had. They cut their own potato chips that were delicious (not greasy). I enjoed the creme brulee dessert, my brother had the 5-layer chocolate cake and ate every bite, and my husband had a homemade cinnamon roll. We enjoyed getting acquainted with our host, Ron Welch, and plan to return again and again.

Room Tip: We haven't stayed overnight yet, but plan to another trip.