“Roadside Stop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marion Forks
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Idanha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 503 854 3669 An Oasis in the wilderness. Great fiood.
Bend, Oregon
“Roadside Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is between Santiam Pass and Idanha, on way to Salem, OR.
Wonderful restaurant right on river with riverside deck and plenty of
seating with huge windows overlooking river.

I stop whenever traveling from Bend, OR. In fact, I planned my trip
to stop there both directions. Love to watch the hummingbirds at
deck feeders.

• Visited May 2013

Sunriver, Oregon
“Idanha Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

New place, clean and excellent selection for out in that country. Breakfast was superb. A great place to plan a stop on the North Santiam Pass. Best place I've been in a long time. Do not miss.

• Visited January 2013
Oregon
“Beautiful, wide menu, great food, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've moved, so I don't get there as often, but whenever passing through, I try to plan my meals so I can stop here.
My son and I split the "tsunami"--surprisingly good seafood for a mountain lodge!

Portland, Oregon
“Good food in a great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped here for an early dinner on our way to a sunset hike up Coffin Mountain (one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done, by the way), and this turned out to be a good restaurant for our party of 2 adults and 3 kids. The deck beside the river (Marion Creek?) was perfect except for a few mosquitos. The hunting trophies on the walls inside -- moose, antelope, deer, wolf, mountain lion, badger(?) and more -- were a hit with my 6- and 8-year-olds. Bathroom was dirty, but water was hot and soap plentiful.

We ordered seafood chowder, oyster stew, seafood fettucini, fish & chips. Quality was all decent, but nothing to rave about. The oyster stew was done well, if you like the taste of oysters (only one person in our party did). Desserts looked good but we didn't get any since we were already stuffed.

Sandwiches on the menu looked quite good. Lunch menu is served from 11am till closing, dinner menu is available after 4pm.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Choudoufu
Portland, Oregon
“On the river in the Oregon Cascade Mountain Range”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a great spot to stop between I5 and Sisters or Bend. The restaurant is right on a lovely river and in the summer you can eat outside on the deck above the sparkling clear stream. The menu is rather standard, but the burgers are served on big square buns made of real bread, and the Reuben sandwiches are piled with good meat. We have stopped here quite a few times in the summertime and always enjoyed it. They have beautiful berry pies too. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and this is a much better place to stop than a fast food place or the typical road trip restaurant. It is not fine dining but a fun stop with decent food.

• Visited August 2012