“Hearty gourmet and warm atmosphere after a day on the mountain”

Solstice Wood Fire Cafe & Bar
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Featuring an imported Italian wood fire oven, the cafe specializes in rustic and inventive pizzas made from scratch with local ingredients. We also serve seasonal chef's entrees, fresh pasta, hearty soups and salads, and our famous Moroccan Beef Stew. The cafe also serves culinary-inspired cocktails, 11 rotating local microbrews, ciders and house wine on tap. Patio seating and kid's play area too! Across from the Hood River Waterfront Park!
Portland, Oregon
“Hearty gourmet and warm atmosphere after a day on the mountain”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Solstice is my go to place for a good meal, tasty drink and warm atmosphere after a day of snow shoeing on the mountain. Why? For one, the food's hearty and hits the spot. And its not just the pizza mind you. Often times it's difficult to decide what to eat given the creativity of the specials the kitchen whips up.

The drink "menu" has expanded since moving to HR due to a new full bar. I love the Solstice cocktail - just sweet enough to get things started. I'm a red wine drinker, and they always seem to have something that pairs well with my lunch / dinner (I live in Portland so getting to the cafe for brunch is difficult).

The staff have never been anything but friendly - even shortly after opening in HR, there was a mistake on our order but they were quick to take it back and replace it.

Even when the cafe is crazy busy, they're "no hassles, no problem". Ask any question about anything on the menu and you'll find the staff knowledgeable if you're undecided (not so for a bunch of places in Portland where the wait staff has to go back and ask the kitchen about what's on the menu, if there's nuts or any allergens in the meal, etc).

In comparison to a few other local eateries in HR, I find Solstice's menu more creative and seasonally inspired without breaking your wallet. I've brought friends and family and no one has been disappointed.

Hood River, Oregon
“Localvore, local love.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Solstice is my definite go to on a few levels now. I always liked the Bingen location, comfy vibe, healthy options, and kid friendly atmosphere. But with the new Hood River location things have amped up a bit. The food is still great, very kid friendly, and with the fabulous new build out I can take my daughter out to eat and feel like I am at a nicer restaurant. Super relaxed, happy hour is great, and the set up of the dining room makes it easy for myself to relax while I can see my daughter in the kids area. Kids or no kids, Solstice is super enjoyable, with incredibly friendly and down to earth staff, and great food/drinks. Its hard to create an environment to suit all but they do it just right.

• Visited February 2014
The Dalles, Oregon, United States
“Casual Excellence”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Food always tastes better with good friends; and, Solstice promotes this type of experience. With a view of the Columbia River and it's activity and informal dining patrons are immediately put at ease. The food is fresh, tasty and unique. A full bar provides well prepared concoctions and local beers. And, oh yes, the key lime/coconut pie is made by their baker who has "nailed" it! Do save room for dessert! With the friendly staff, good view, and excellent food Solstice is the place to go!

Hood River, Oregon
“Just ok”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great setting, awesome beer, a little loud, family set up, outdoor seating in the summer. Nice staff, good service. Pizza was ok, a little burned. I used to really love it, now it was just above average.

1 Thank sbeguy
“better in Bingen”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We were anticipating eating at solstice in hood river from the move from bingen, but we were sadly disappointed. Service was not the best, food didn't seem to be as good as it was across the river, crowded tables, didn't see much "growth" in seating area, actually is more crowded, kept bumping elbows with strangers sitting back to back. I can honestly say, I wish it was back in Bingen, that's what made it a great experience, seemed much more welcoming and friendly than where it is now. I guess to each his own.

Visited January 2014