“Toast means toast”

Ranked #10 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here. Nice deck and views. Food was fresh. Fries were good. Server was very pleasant. Problem that affected the whole experience (since I can go to a grocery store, buy fresh ingredients and find a view spot to eat): I asked for my club sandwich bread "super toasted". It came not toasted at all. I sent it back since toast is an essential part of a club for me. It comes back with grill marks on top, still untoasted bread on the bottom. Although I appreciate getting comped my beer, this doesn't fix the fact that my request was disrespected by the kitchen. Dear cook: these details matter. Also there should be mayonnaise or butter on both pieces of bread. I had to get up and ask for mayonnaise. A good view, a good menu can be completely undermined by careless execution in the kitchen, especially on the second try. Toast means toast my friend, not a mark with a hot iron. People can tell the difference and don't appreciate being taken for fools.

1  Thank EleanorWestLinnOR
There are newer reviews for Three River's Grill

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were looking for a nice place to eat, but with 5 kids in tow, yes it can be a challenge. But they were well behaved, and the babies all slept.
The crab cakes were a little burnt, and not very flavorful, the steak was alright, but the staff was downright rude and unprofessional, and we couldn't wait to leave! We were clearly not welcome, and rushed to leave. The dishes were cleared so fast, we wished they had been so quick to serve us also. Definitely would not recommend it, unless you want to drink only, and enjoy the scenery!!!

1  Thank Mars808
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were the only people eating indoors. We could see what people were eating on the deck, and it looked good, but our food was disappointing. The beet salad was okay, but had only a token amount of goat cheese. The crab cakes were pretty good, but I've had better. My dinner was one of the night's specials, Chinook salmon with corn relish and rice. It was mostly okay, but not very tasty, and one end had a rather powdery texture. The rice and vegetables were all just ordinary - not an interesting flavor on the whole plate. My companion's dinner was worse. The scallops looked and tasted oily, and the polenta was soggy. She didn't eat much of it, and made a sandwich when we got back to our hotel. Our waitress had no other tables, but was not around much. Not worth the time or money.

1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Loved this restaurant - the setting is beautiful. They have gluten free bread options. My turkey sandwich was soooo good. But I could only eat half. We had the hummus appetizer and Arnold Palmers to drink. Really really really good. GO!

1  Thank bexnate
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I agree with other recent reviews that this restaurant does not quite deliver what it promises. The setting is great especially on a good evening. The young waitresses all seem rather amateurish and do not really serve properly. It was only when we had spent time deciding to order a specific dish that we were told that it was off the menu. At a restaurant like this I do not expect to use the same cutlery for a fish starter and a meat main course. Also no expresso coffee! The food was OK, nothing more nothing less.

3  Thank Leedsdave