“Disapointing”

Ranked #13 of 144 Restaurants in Hood River
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Dinned on the evening of Oct 19, 2012. The meal was a disapointment, we are not snobs or food critics just everyday folks. We ordered the beet salad, it was just chopped up canned beats with a tiny bit of white cheese on the top. Almost flavorless, it was pressed into the shape of a tuna can.
The pork loin was tough and dry. My wife said her hazel crusted chicken was bland. I pulled a small strip of paper out of my mashed potatoes. We did not finish our meals, we paid and left. No one asked why we didn't finish eating. Won't go back.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Every time I'm in town, I have a meal here. Everything I have tried is tasty. Their calamari is lightly breaded - perfect. I recently had the duck - best I've had for a long time.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times, with my wife and son. The outdoor tables provide an excellent atmosphere and the best view in town. On one occasion, it was a bit chilly but the server fired up the portable heater located next to our table which provided dining comfort. Since I wasn't hungry for anything heavy, I ordered soup-- a cream of broccoli, which was about the best soup I have ever tasted. Main course prices tend to be on the high side, but if you aren't too hungry, this is the best choice for an appetizer or lighter fare (bread and soup or salad are very reasonable). An outdoor table with a great view, a glass of wine, appetizers, family or friends.... what more do you need for a memorable experience?

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After wandering around the shops in Hood River, we were hungry! It was an odd time of day - 3pm - and we weren't sure what was open. We asked a gallery owner and he recommended Three Rivers. They're perched on a hill with a stunning view of the river and mountains. We started outside on their deck, but it was a tad too windy and we moved inside. The waitress was very friendly and personable, and made us feel at home. They had a lot of good choices on their lunch menu. I had crab cakes with a salad, hubby had smoked salmon pasta. The food was very tasty, lovingly presented, and nice portions. Dessert was a berry cheesecake which was outstanding! This is probably one of the better dining experiences we have had in recent months. Great service and attention to detail really do make a difference!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our favorite meal during our trip to Oregon. We sat on the deck in the early evening. I wore a light jacket and did not need a blanket. From our table we could see the kite boards on the river.

We started with salads - wonderful. Shared a salmon entree- also wonderful. Finished with chocolate stout cake - Oh my. Do not think about sharing the cake. This cake is too good to have to share!

The salmon was cooked perfectly for me. light pink throughout. I know some folks prefer salmon a little less done, but I was very happy. The salmon was served with rice, vegetables and fresh Oregon berries. Delicious.

Been to Three River's Grill? Share your experiences!