“Mini corn dogs, tater tots and pin ball!”
Review of Trillium Cafe

Trillium Cafe
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were looking for a casual place to eat and stumbled into this place. It was cozy with a fun atmosphere. We were there around 7 so our daughter could come in. They have a kids menu and crayons for kids. The menu is standard bar fare, but they have mini corn dogs and tater tots which no one seems to have. After we ate, we played several games on their two pin ball machines. I haven't played in years. My daughter thought it was great. Both machines are in good working order.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We haven't eaten here in years, so we stopped there for a drink early evening, 5:30ish and got draft micro brew beers for $3, which was a great price! Decided on appetizers and shared the hummus plate! it was awesome except it was advertised kalamata olives and they were black! But hummus was spicy and pitta bread was hot and generous! Service was slow even though they weren't busy. But sitting outside on the the street people watching on a warm summer evening was the best part! Only 1 table available though! We will go back !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband, kids, sister & brother-in-law and I went to Hood River for a birthday bike ride. Afterwards were were starving and found this little restaurant. We were trying to go to a pub, but the wait was 40 minutes and we were famished! So we wandered down their cute little street and a patron outside the restaurant was going on and on about how good her food was. The menu is mainly sandwiches, salads, and a few meals (meatloaf, fish & chips, etc). You can get the generic deli type sandwich, but they have many specialty sandwiches, one of which I got - the meatloaf sandwich. Each of us passed around our dishes so the others could try...all of it was excellent! I would definitely eat here again on my next trip. OH - and they have handcut fries - the bomb!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hands down some of the best food for the value in Hood River.

Had the hanger steak, it was just right and the frys were better than any others we sampled in town.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you play pinball, you have to check out this place. They only have two machines (currently Monster Bash and Sopanos) but they are clean, well-maintained, and best of all -- they are located in their own little mini-room at the back of the bar. It's a great set up! No distractions, no people bumping into you, just straight pinball. Did I mention how clean the machines were? This was very unexpected, since usually tourist type locations that just have one or two machines don't really take care of them. This place is the exception! (One downside, though -- the machines are the most sensitive things I've every played!! I never tilt, but tilted in my first game of Sopranos. My husband is very physical with a pinball machine, and was tilting left and right until he adjusted.)

So four stars for fun. Now for food ... we got some appetizers one night in between pinball sessions. We got the fried green beans, the hot wings and the hummus plate. Hummus plate was awesome, fried green beans were excellent (lots of breading .. the way I like them ... my husband thought they were a bit too bready) and hot wings were a little overly salty and overly sauced. Pretty classic bar food (though the hummus was an unexpected treat!).

As far as service ... FIVE STARS. The first night we were there, one dude (Ben) was running the bar and providing table service for all the folks eating. He was fast, efficient, friendly, and kept his cool under pressure. And there were probably six tables eating and at least a dozen coming to the bar for drinks. so this dude was hopping. Great service.

Been to Trillium Cafe? Share your experiences!