“Great place for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love to come here for lunch. They have a great selection of food and I have yet to have a bad meal. The Meatloaf sandwich is the best I have ever had (sorry grandma), the patty melt is huge and loaded with caramelized onions (yummy!!) and the parmesan chicken, one of my favorites, is also very large and has an outstanding marinara sauce. All sandwiches come with your choice of fries, tots (my husbands favorite) or mixed greens. I absolutely love the Honey Vinaigrette dressing on the salad. It is my understanding that everything on the menu is made in house as well. The staff is friendly and attentive. I recommend this place to anyone that just wants a really good meal.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had flown into Portland, rented a car and were heading to Mt. Hood on vacation. Since we flew into Portland just prior to lunch, and seeing that the drive to Mt. Hood wouldn't take but an hour, not affording us an opportunity to yet check in to the Lodge, we opted to take the "long way" to Mt. Hood via Hood River---a small quaint town an hour east of Portland located on the Columbia River.
We were hungry and wanted to find a quality place to eat a bit to eat. When in doubt, I always go to TripAdvisor for suggestions of where and where not to venture. Trillium cafe was top on the list. I plugged the directions into the GPS and off we went.
When we got into Hood River, we parked the car at a meter spot along the main drag leading into town. We walked a block or so and found Trillium. The cafe is more of a pub/ brewery/ sports bar kind of place. Upon entering I immediately noted not the scent of food, but more the scent of something like pine incense....we seated ourselves in a nice wooden booth.
The waitress came right over and offered us menus. Luckily this was a bit past any lunch rush as she was the lone waitress and bartender. She came to take our drink menus. I asked for a recommendation for a local dry white wine, of which she readily replied her top choices and my reluctant husband who is not much of a beer drinker ( a Crown and Coke man) decided to take the plunge and asked for a local beer---as Oregon seems to be a beer mecca.
She again suggested several local beers and opted to bring him a taste of several so he could decide which one he'd like to try. After sampling 3 varieties, he settled on one---(sadly however it was too strong for his total likening but if you like beer, this is your spot)
My husband ordered a hamburger and I ordered a cup of clam chowder and a side salad both of which were very good.
The service was efficient despite the fact that the waitress was having to work the entire restaurant. The food was fresh with very good flavors. And the prices were great for a lunchtime meal.
If you want a casual spot to enjoy fresh local pub food, sample local beers and wine, then Trillium is the place.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

DH had the meatloaf and I had the meatloaf sandwich. Really good meatloaf! And the sandwich was enough for 2 meals for me. Great leftover, too! The service was a bit off. I could have used a refill on my ice water, but it never came.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This has got to be the Local Hot Spot. You can find this place full on a tuesday night. A very hole in the wall style bar. I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Sort of a neighborhood bar with decent food and friendly service convenient for people watching and shopping.