“Ok, but it's a bar”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped here. He said the food was awful, and he'd never come back. Worst clam chowder; worst philly cheese steak sandwich. I took a bite of his sandwich. It was underseasoned, and the grilled onions were greasy, but I wouldn't put it up for a "worst" food award.

I had the carrot/ginger soup. It was fine, not as well-seasoned and special as I was expecting. The greek salad was likewise ok.

So, without my husband I'd come here for a salad and be fine. I wouldn't make a point of stopping here. It doesn't have a view or ambience that are enough to offset the normal-ness of the food.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

and it was fine, but I'm afraid I can't rave about it like many others here. While it's called the Trillium Cafe, be ready...it's much more bar-like than cafe-like. It does have a better menu than typical bar/pub food. I had the fish and chips which were battered (not breaded) and made with albacore tuna...a first for me. The batter was quite good and not greasy. The fish was very firm, but didn't have a ton of flavor. I like fish and chips and would rank the albacore behind both halibut and cod. The fries were OK, but I prefer them crisper. The meal came with a large side salad and was reasonably priced at $12. Our server was friendly and very attentive. This would be a place I would go back to for lunch, but probably not dinner. That said, read other reviews to get a balanced view and reviews of other menu items.

2  Thank Roadtrip E
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nothing fancy here, but worth visiting.
Great burgers and the chowder was tasty.
Didn't sample the beer selection, but it looked pretty varied.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The "eclectic" sign outside gave us a clue that this was not your average "cafe", well at least in our experience. You'll see what we mean when you eat there....a bar basically, with booths and some tables but very friendly, warm atmosphere, everyone said hi, felt very comfortable.
Benches and tables put together to seat five of us, slight ding here, very uncomfortable chairs and benches but with that said not without keeping of the decor and it's a bar, so probably just let that go....the food was great, I had fish and chips, yes I know how exciting sounding but this was supposed to be Albacore Tuna so how could I resist, turned out to be a great dish, crispy, light breading on big pieces of tuna, fantastic flavor not strong or anything negative at all, light, great fish flavor and coupled with the great crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside.... fries and a micro brew, very, very good, totally enjoyed it. Also the rest of the groups lunches were great as well, I saw soups, big sandwiches, all kinds of great looking dishes, all looked great and according to the reports around the table, everyone was very happy.
Fun place, throwback in a very pleasant way, I'll leave it at that, don't hesitate to visit this place for a great lunch or check out the music they have on the weekends, the flyers looked very interesting but we weren't going to be around that long, hopefully another time very soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Aaron, our server, was awesome. More of a burger/sandwich place than we expected, but it was super tasty with huge portions.