$238
Hampton.com
$215
HIExpress.com
$123
Westcliff Lodge(Hood River)(Great Value!)
$144
$269
Hotels.com
$299
$258
Priceline
Hood River Hostel(Hood River)
$155
Hotels.com
Oak Street Hotel(Hood River)
$179
Lodge 902(Hood River)
$279
2,900 results
All reviewsriver viewriverside restauranteast wingwalking pathfree breakfastwind surfersview roomthird floorbest westernsthe columbia gorgehot tubparking lotgreat place to stayfitness centerwine tastingoatmealroad trip
Reviewed October 3, 2008

This Best Western was about 50% more expensive than most we stay in, but was well worth it. The river view room was small but very comfortable, with all the expected amenities, and a great view of the Columbia river. Hint: get a ground floor river view room and you will have a nice little patio to sit out on and enjoy this fabulous view. An excellent breakfast in the restaurant (also a great view) was included.

And it is really pet friendly - at the front desk we were presented with a generous bag of assorted doggie treats for Molly Ivins, our Golden Retriever.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NW_Happy_Feet
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Wow - lots of mixed reviews - I was tentative about booking here- it IS a Best Western, which scared me, but close for business. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and space. I was not expecting anything extravagant and was just fine with what I had and I've stayed at all of the swanky places all over the globe- no need to get snooty for God's sake, it's a Best Western people - if you want something special that's not a B&B, you need to look outside of Hood River. I haven't tried the restaurant, suspecting that it's like other third rate hotel restaurants and if I did, I'm sure that it would be adequate, but have elected to try restauraunts in town. My complaint would be the ridiculously loud people standing out on the lawn, carrying on at other folks on one of the decks - again, a Best Western - yah get and are surrounded by what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This hotel is wonderful. The beds are comfy; the rooms well furnished (even a convenient night light in the bathroom); the staff is courteous and helpful; the restaurant and bar are delightful. We were there just one night but we plan to go back and stay again. The view room we had faced the mighty Columbia River and the river is magnificent to watch. The hotel even has a dock for boaters.
The grounds around the hotel are beautiful and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesly47
Reviewed September 18, 2008

First, tried to book on their website and several other sites and it said they were sold out. Called them and turns out they're NOT sold out. Got the impression they don't update their websites very often. My first Best Western stay - very unimpressive.

Now, here's the good:
1. No loud train noises like you see everyone complaining about in Hood River. Rooms were quiet.
2. Right on the river - very scenic
3. Breakfast was good - also has a nice view and they give you free breakfast - but limited in your choices.
4. No problems with the staff.

The bad:
1. Think 1972
2. I paid 150 bucks for a wknd nt - sooo not worth it
3. Everything was very average - and building is clearly very old. Tub/shower, fixtures, sinks, doors/locks, furniture - all of it
4. Nothing great at all - if I'd have paid 80 bucks, i might feel like I deserved this.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Best Western. Our room had a wonderful view of the Columbia River and the windsurfers. The hotel was clean and staff courteous and friendly. We were surprised to receive discount coupons for dinner and breakfast which we view suspiciously at first. But after a wonderful dinner in the lovely restaurant, overlooking the river, we changed our minds and looked forward to breakfast. It proved to be equally delicious.
We've stayed in other Best Westerns that did not come anywhere near this standard

Stayed: August 2008