2,925 results
All reviewsriver viewriverside restauranteast wingwalking pathfree breakfastwind surfersview roomthird floorbest westernsthe columbia gorgehot tubparking lotgreat place to stayfitness centerwine tastingoatmealroad trip
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Best Western. Our room had a wonderful view of the Columbia River and the windsurfers. The hotel was clean and staff courteous and friendly. We were surprised to receive discount coupons for dinner and breakfast which we view suspiciously at first. But after a wonderful dinner in the lovely restaurant, overlooking the river, we changed our minds and looked forward to breakfast. It proved to be equally delicious.
We've stayed in other Best Westerns that did not come anywhere near this standard

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank barjerNorthCarolina
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I stay here every time I visit Hood River, OR. The hotel has all of the amenities a weary traveler needs and some sort of magic about it that calms my soul. I love reserving a river front room and looking out at the perfect view - it is worth the splurge!! The complimentary breakfast makes up for the additional cost of a river front room - I HIGHLY recommend the apple smoked sausage with your fluffy omelet, hashbrowns, and country biscuit with jam. Ask for some chamomile tea and save a cup of it for afterwards while you quietly contemplate the surrounding beauty. Before you leave the area, check out the local wineries and orchards with fresh apples, pears, peaches, etc. in September. Dinner at Dixie's Southern Grub on 13th Street makes my homesick heart smile. At the end of the day, sink into your cool fluffy pillows and snuggle in for a good night's sleep.
Say hi to Hood River for me - I miss it already!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank ilovehoodriver
Reviewed September 4, 2008

The hotel must be used to be nice (and it is good looking from the outside), but it is obvious that it's fallen behind in maintenance. The whole place needs a scrubbing down and updating. As the title suggests, we encountered bugs in the room -- it's not an infestation or anything but it's disconcerting enough.

I wouldn't eat at the restaurant except the complimentary breakfast (which is OK). My lamb was badly burnt and there was bird waste on the deck right next to the tables. I'd eat at the numerous eateries in town instead.

All in all, it's not terrible but if you're expecting something super clean and modern (as the exterior of the hotel may suggest) you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2008

We had reserved a river view room months in advance. I was REALLY looking forward to spending the evening on our balcony enjoying the river! HA HA! We arrived before 6PM but were given a first floor terrace room with a view of nothing but 10 foot tall bushes. We could not see the river at all! We called the front desk and were told that was all they had. Our children went out on the grassy area in front of our room and came back with their shoes covered in dog poop!!! We looked and found about 20 piles, both old and new, right outside our room. We again called the front desk and asked if the supposed river view lawn was the dog potty area. They seemed to think we were kidding and said they would send someone to clean it up. While we waited for half an hour while no one showed up our daughter picked up a condom ( fortunately still in the wrapper ) from beside the bed and asked, " What's this ? " You can imagine our total horror at this point!! We found other accomodations elsewhere and checked out. We told the clerk we wanted our son's shoes cleaned. Their idea of clean was to rinse them with water. We had to go to the store and buy some disinfectant and a scrub brush.
Worst of all was the clerks total indifference. We received no apology whatsoever. We travel about 6 weeks out of the year and have never encountered anything like this!! After complaining to Best Western the manager e-mailed us and offered us a future free nights stay. Hello!! We live 2,000 miles away and if I did return to the area I certainly wouldn't go back there!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank HUSKERTRAVELER
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We had booked a cabin in the Mt. Hood area for an August weekend only to find out it was wildly unacceptable. We also discovered finding a last-minute place to stay in the area on a summer weekend was nearly impossible. So we counted ourselves lucky to book the last room at the Comfort Suites in Hood River. While the room was acceptable, it was barebones and within a few feet of the takeout window for the adjacent Taco Bell. While we had a few laughs about this, we wanted a quieter space for the next night and found a room at the Best Western. It was GREAT: Much nicer accommodations, room on the river with gorge views, a deck, lots of services and $10 less! It is at the top end for a Best Western, for sure. If you stay here, a riverside room is worth any extra cost. The views aren't a tiny sliver, they are right on the river with the sun rising over the gorge.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family