“This hotel is a good deal!”

Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Linn Oregon
“This hotel is a good deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a Best Western where they are trying hard to please. They have updated part of the hotel and it is nicely decorated. The hotel is right on the Columbia River so there are gorgeous views.
They allow dogs and have special rooms set aside.
On Sunday they have an option on the restaurant menu of a cinnamon roll : it is huge and delicious and I am an aficionado of cinnamon rolls . Check it out!
They have a small outdoor pool and sauna & workout area. I love this place.

Room Tip: River side has the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Logansmom6, Thanks for the stellar review, we love to be thought of as a good deal and we look forward to the opportunity to have you, Logan and your dog back with us on your next trip to Hood River. If it's a Sunday, we'll have a deliciously warm and sticky cinnamon roll waiting for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Couldn't make it all the way back to Idaho so I planned on staying in Hood River. I pulled off the road and walked to the front desk. Lily did a great job accomodating me. Paid a little more than I wanted but quickly realized the great value I got. The room was terrific, amnenties great, dinner was awesome, and the included free breakfast was welcome.
I've worked in Hospitality for ages and was overhwhelmed at how friendly the entire staff was to me. Obviously a reflection of a great management team. lt's so easy to smile and acknowledge every guest that I'm always amazed when so many places find it so difficult.
Truly one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time. Kudos to Lily, the dining room hosts, the dining room server at dinner, and the absolutely beautifully smiling breakfast server.
This burned out traveler felt a lot better on my way out than I did on my way in. Good job

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jim S, Wow! 5 star reviews make us so happy and really reinforce that we have a great team in place here at the Best Western Plus Hood River Inn. It is especially satisfying to receive a rave review from a veteran in the hospitality industry. I hope to meet you on your next trip through Hood River. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in February in a King bed, gorge view room with kitchenette and extra seating area. The room was HUGE and the balcony was amazing. The staff at the hotel is very helpful. I asked for recommendations for dinner and wine tastings in town and got some detailed information. The next morning I asked the front desk if they had a charger I could use because I left mine at home and they found one and let me keep it. Upon check out we asked if there was a more scenic drive than the way we came in and we were given directions and had a beautiful drive to Portland. We ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast (which was included in our room rate) and it was delicious. We both agreed that it was some of the best breakfast food we have ever had. The hot tub and pool are heated and we went swimming even though it was only 30 or 40 degrees out. Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NotinKansasanymore 12, Wow, thank you for taking the time to write a five star review of your experience at our hotel, it is greatly appreciated. It is fantastic that you enjoyed the room, the service, the pool, spa and restaurant during your stay. We strive to provide every guest that steps into our hotel an excellent customer experience and it is wonderful that you were so impressed with that level of service from our staff, I will make sure that they hear about it! We hope to see you again very soon.
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel was older than I expected. The front desk staff was very nice and professional. The view was beautiful overlooking the Columbia river. We were on the third floor with a view of the river. Our room had a balcony which would be really nice in the summer. The breakfast was a very nice surprise. We expected the typical buffet that other hotels have, but this was a sit down full breakfast. Very delicious too. I do have a couple of complaints that unfortunately put a cloud over the whole visit. In our bathroom there appeared to be mold/mildew on the wall above the shower where the paint was chipped. When I unfolded one of the bath towels there were some horrible looking stains on it. That went straight on the floor. It was late at night so I just used another.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear AnnKlly, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Well, it certainly is apparent there were both positives and some negatives in your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff, your room and our great restaurant Riverside. Hopefully, the flaws which we should never have overlooked and that caused you to rate us as average will not discourage you from coming to see us again. We look forward to earning a five star review from your next visit!
Old Hickory, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've always wanted to stay at the Hood River Inn on our trips to and from Portland, Oregon, having stopped for breakfasts and dinner previously.
This time we stayed so that we could get to the airport more easily and we are delighted that we did. We had a very comfortable king room facing the Columbia River. Very quiet and attractive. Dinner in the Riverside Grill was wonderful and the view was gorgeous. Free breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Second floor is on same level as lobby and restaurant. Ask for river view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gwensgramma, Thanks for the 5 star review! We very much appreciate your recommendation for both our hotel and our fine restaurant Riverside. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had stayed in a Best Western years ago and was very disappointed, but not this time! The room was nice and the free breakfast was lovely! The town of Hood River is charming and mad me not want to leave.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Iheartcoheed129, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed all aspects of our property and it's great that you were pleasantly surprised. We hope that you'll consider Best Western as a go-to lodging option for years to come.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!