$124
Westcliff Lodge(Hood River)(Great Value!)
$156
$269
Hotels.com
$179
$215
HIExpress.com
Oak Street Hotel(Hood River)
$169
Bigfoot Lodge B&B(Hood River)
Orbitz.com
2,900 results
All reviewsriver viewriverside restauranteast wingwalking pathfree breakfastwind surfersview roomthird floorbest westernsthe columbia gorgehot tubparking lotgreat place to stayfitness centerwine tastingoatmealroad trip
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to get out of town for a weekend and booked at the hotel after seeing the great reviews. The hotel on the outside nor the lobby is that fancy but its kept up quite nice. We really enjoyed our river view in the new wing of the hotel and found the complimentary breakfast to be out-standing. The new pool, jacuzzi and work-out area is really great too! Our room was quite nice with nice touches. The only negative we had was the road/train noise. The acoustics that bounce into that section of the hotel is a little loud for our taste. If we stayed there again I think we would try a different wing. Excellent place overall except that though.

Room Tip: Try a room on the west side might be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank awesome777
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Awesome777,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the new east wing rooms, pool and excercise room and breakfast on the river. We will be anxiously awaiting your return.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was in attendance (for the tenth year) at the Oregon Coalition on Housing and Homelessness at the Best Western Plus Hood River Inn. I stayed in a room on the main floor. The room was clean, neat and smelled good. The food was provided for the conference attendees by Best Western Plus Hood River Inn in the Gorge room where the wait staff had impeccable manners and the food was delicious! I am a vegetarian with many food allergies and the wait staff ensured that I received appropriate meals... my compliments to the Chef along with all of the staff! Thank you for a delightful stay and I can't wait until next year! See you then!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marci M
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Marci M,

Thank you for such a kind review. It is always great to hear from our loyal guests and we cannot wait to welcome you back next year. I am so happy you enjoyed our great food and our stellar catering and banquet staff. We will see you soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Unfortunately our stay didn’t start well with the room we were allocated. I always ask for a quiet room but was given one right opposite the ice and drinks machine and could hear the noise from the machines as well as everyone talking while they were using them. Our neighbours seemed to be holding a party in their room and we could hear them talking and laughing very clearly, fortunately they did not stay up late so we were able to sleep. I’m grateful that they were not the other side of us which was an interconnecting room, luckily that room was quiet until the morning when we could hear everything.
The room itself was good, very large room, clean with a big comfortable bed. We chose a room with a river view and the view was lovely, well worth the slight extra in cost. On check in they advised us that it was happy hour in the bar, we assumed it was for drinks but it was for food. Anyway it was very popular as it was packed. You also received a discount voucher for the main restaurant. Breakfast was good, there is a limited selection included in the room price but enough of a choice to suit most tastes.
There are a couple of restaurants and fast food places in the vicinity but for more options you need to go into the town, for which you really need a car. We actually found most of the menu’s in the restaurants to be very similar so unless you know that the quality in one is better then I would say they’re all much the same. In the end we weren’t very hungry so went to the Trillium café where we just had clam chowder and a salad, food was good and we weren’t made to feel that we shouldn’t have gone in there just for that, the barman was very friendly and helpful.
In my opinion this could be a good hotel but it really needs to sort out the soundproofing as most people just want a good night’s sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DesertWoman

Dear Desertwoman,

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments about your room, bed and breakfast! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our prime location but I'm sorry we fell short on your expectations by giving you a room near the vending machines and that the guests around were so out of line. We try our best to make every guest feel welcomed and I hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you are in Hood River. Most of our rooms are very quite, please call me, Ryan or Raquel when you next plan a visit. We'll make certain that you have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here in February 2012 for a conference. The hotel had been recently renovated, adding a nice workout/pool facility; the only problem at that time was that there was no direct access to it. We had to walk by the river, then walk up a grassy hill to get there. I'm sure that once that's completed, however, access will be great. The rooms are clean and spacious; the staff very accommodating. Conference facilities were very nice, with lots of break-out rooms available. Starbucks is close, the walking path is very nice -- Took a couple of 20 minute walks into Hood River. Downside: As other reviewers have mentioned, the walls are thin and, if the band is playing, you hear it down the hall -- at least in the older wing, perhaps the newer wing is more insulated? All in all, it was a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank slc690
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear SLC690, Thank you for your review and your kind comments about our clean spacious rooms and our accommodating staff. I’m sorry you experienced a couple of hiccups during your stay. I hope that you will join us again soon so that we can get a second chance to wow you. Please let me know when you plan to return so I can select an especially quite room for you to enjoy.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in a King room, top floor, with a balcony for one night in mid May as a little get away from Portland to Hood River on a Sunday night. The room we were in was large, clean, very comfortable beds, and looked out over the Columbia Gorge with an amazing view and a balcony (pay the extra $20 for the upgrade to a balcony vs. the King room without, as all the balcony rooms are on the top floor as well). Plush robes were provided and it was a quick walk to the heated outdoor pool and spa. Thick walls made it quiet too. Free breakfast in the morning, and all for the same price you would pay a hotel for much less amenities. We plan to go back!

Room Tip: Choose a King with a balcony because all of them are on the top floor of the building and the view is wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tuffgurl

Dear Tuffgurl, Thank you for all your comments and for sharing your experience with others. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the Inn, the view and all the ammenities we offer. We look forward to your return Hood River!