“Best Hotel Stay Ever!!!!!”

Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 17, 2012

What a pleasant surprise! This place was recommended by the young lady that poured wine in the Memaloose tasting room! We couldn't believe all of the awesome amenities that came with our stay! We will definitely stay here again and again when in the area! Ask for a room on the river side and believe me you won't be disappointed!!!!! The restaurant in the hotel is also excellent!

Room Tip: River side rooms with a patio or balcony are awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stimpson52
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Stimpson52, I am thrilled our friends at Memaloose recommended us for your recent stay in Hood River! We are always pleased to hear that we have gone beyond someone’s expectations and to be described as the "Best Hotel Stay Ever" is especially satisfying. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Hood River Inn

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This a very nice property right on the river. The property is well maintained and clean. The room was very nice and had a small microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Not a very big room. It looks like the property has been expanded a few times over the years and the room I was in looks like it was in the original property.

The breakfast was four or five good choices in the hotel restaurant. The only issue I had was the goofy window coverings they had in some of the rooms including mine. It looks like they might be changing their drapes but they have one section by the sliding doors where they have taped some sort of blind with blue painters tape. They don't do much to block the morning light. Waterfront rooms were available at a premium but I wasn't going to be spending much time there so I didn't bother.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have the temporary funky window coverings
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CHCG-JEK

DearCHCG, Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location on the river, our clean rooms and our accommodating staff. And yes, the drapes have been replaced so the that goofy paper covering over the small window is gone, thanks for your understanding. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is located right on the river side. Stunning views of the river and gorge from our room. The staff was really nice, they upgraded us to a newly renovated room. The complimentary breakfast was very hearty. The pool has nice views of the river as well. The only downside was the noise from the highway.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RaluPet
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear RaluPet,

Thanks for your kind review, It sounds like you had a great time on your visit to Hood River. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, our friendly staff and our hearty complimentary breakfast. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was very skeptical of this place since Best Western isn't exactly well known for guest experience. But I gave it a shot and selected a river-view room. The property is well kept and very clean. The service is unbeatable. And the onsite restaurant is excellent. It was the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had!!! And eating outside on the deck next to the river was lovely. I almost wanted to stay in town longer just because the hotel was such a pleasant experience. The one downside to this place if you're staying for any length of time is that it's not in town. So, don't expect to walk to anything nearby.

Room Tip: River view rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDBonthemove
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear JDBonthemove,

Thank you for your review. We are always glad to hear that we delivered great service all around and that you had the chance to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms and great restaurant. It is especially staisfying to read such a great review from a seasoned traveler like yourself. Please come back and join us again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I recently got back from a 4 night stay here and wanted to share a review, I want it to be fair and honest...

Pros:
*Great location if you want to see Columbia River Gorge byway, Mount Hood byway, waterfalls etc.
*Hotel is right on the river w/ a walking trail and nearby boat harbor.
*DELICIOUS breakfasts in a dining room that overlooks the river. (We got free breakfast vouchers too).
*Friendly staff
*Close to the town of Mount Hood, which is a small downtown with shops/restaurants, breweries
*Plentiful parking
*The room appeared pretty clean, except for bathroom sink area.
*This hotel is about 1 hour from Portland, 2.5 hrs from Cannon Beach.
*Comfy bed

Cons:
*We paid for a room with no view, which is what we got. An older room on the 1st floor overlooking the parking lot. It was in the older section of the hotel on the far end so we could hear the interstate.
*A paper blind covered a portion of the glass window. Not very nice looking and being on the first floor, I worried people could see through.
*Walls, (especially in bathroom) were VERY thin. I could hear the guy in the next bathroom too well.
*The room had a strange smell that only disappeared by our last night. I couldn't tell what it was. Every time we walked in the room it hit you.
*Be aware that you cannot, (we could not) see Mount Hood from this hotel. The website pic is an aerial view. But you do not have to go far to see Mt Hood on a clear day.

Overall, the hotel was nice, and maybe next time I would upgrade to a room with a view of the river. We were hardly at the hotel and exploring anyways. The highlight to me were the complimentary breakfasts. Big portions and great views of the gorge.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AHIsouthwest
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear AHIsouthwest,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our location, the staff and especially the great breakfast in our dining room. I apologize for the paper shade on the small window over your heater unit. We just recently refurbished all the rooms in the east wing building with new carpet, drapes and paint which could explain the smell you experienced. Unfortunately the Roman shade did not arrive in time for the reopening. Please let me know when you next plan to visit, We will upgrade you to a very quiet room with a river view. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stay here every spring for an annual show. Room is always clean, staff very helpful. The restaurant serves great food, the complimentary breakfast is top-notch. If the weather is nice, you can enjoy your meal outside, overlooking the Columbia River. Love staying here!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank spinpygora
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Spinpygora,

It is wonderful that your annual visit was again an enjoyable one. I am so glad you had the chance to enjoy the beautiful weather and dining on our deck. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I live in Hood River but my Papillion "Little Butterfly" and I had to stay at the hotel twice in two months for a total of 9 days the first time and 11 days the next. The staff at Best Western HR are awesome! Words cannot express how much I appreciated all of their help from the special accommodations we needed to the incredible dining staff & excellent Chief, to the front desk staff and cleaning staff. They were all helpful, courteous at all times and very accommodating. They always had a nice smile and helpful attitude. They made my stay very pleasant. My room's were very nice with a beautiful view of the Hood River, extremely clean and quiet! The food was delicious! What a GREAT staff; Lisa, Nichole, Amy, Josh, Sarah, and Ryan YOU ALL made my stay so very nice & I must give you all an extra Thank You! I would recommend this hotel to everyone- it is wonderful and the Best!

Room Tip: The Rooms on the East end are Great! A river view is a must!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ButterflyShar
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear ButterflyShar,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We are glad to hear that we delivered great service all around and that both you and Papillion had the chance to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms, delicious food and great river front location. I will pass your comments on to our entire staff, they will appreciate being thought of as "THE BEST". Please come back and join us again soon, we're delighted to be your home away from home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!