“Straight ahead no bs hosts, food location and comfort.”
Review of Hood River BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Hood River BnB
Ranked #4 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Straight ahead no bs hosts, food location and comfort.”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Unless you like phony or foo foo this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Several months before my trip I called and spoke with owner and made a reservation. I gave her my credit card number and informed her that I would call the day of my arrival. Having never been to the West coast, I was looking forward to a well-deserved trip for myself. However, when I called (mind you, I was on the Lewis and Clark Trail), to let her know that I was on my way; she said that I had missed my reservation. Confused, I asked how this was possible; as I did not reserve a room for a time that I owuld not be in the state. She informed me that I was supposed to be there the previous weekend. She never called or charged my card; therefore, one might assume that they made the mistake and were trying to get out of it . She refused to look in her book that keeps all of her reservations in it, and she refused to admit that she made the mistake. I was over a thousand miles away from home and had nowhere to stay. From now on, I will never book a stay without a confirmation number. How unprofessional and inconsiderate.

• Disliked — Their inability to mange their estabishment
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank jennings192
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This was a wonderful place to stay. Jim and Jane made us very welcome, generously lent us tools for our bikes, and gave plenty of good information about local sights and restaurants. The room was really a suite, with generous changing and sitting areas, a pretty quilted double bed, wonderful views over the Columbia River towards the mountains...and to top it all, a wonderful his and hers bathroom with an extra-large massage bath - excellent for a birthday celebration!
The breakfast crepes are enjoyable the morning after, too. I liked sharing the meal with other guests and our hosts. All in all it was a memorable experience.

• Liked — Great bath!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2008

This is a great B&B, 5 minutes walk from the centre of Hood River. My husband and I stayed in the Mountain Room - great view of Mt Adams and the Columbia River. We shared a bathroom with one other room. It was kept clean.

Cooked breakfasts were great - different every day. After much debate we decided our favourite was the pancakes. All guests are encouraged to sit around the table with our hosts, Jim and Jane.

They made us feel very welcome. They are willing to chat or leave you to your privacy - as you want. Free access to internet during stay was much appreciated.

Great choice and good value for money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2008

The innkeepers are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Very nice people to visit with. The rooms have very comfy beds and good views, and little individually-controlled heaters in each room are a great touch! It's not quite as "posh" as some B&Bs, but I would still definitely go back. The price is more reasonable than some others as well. Location is very convenient to downtown Hood River.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank ts60611
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Hood River is the most glamorous of the small towns along the Columbia Gorge, in the sense that it has a number of good restaurants and boutiques. This B&B is perfectly located on Oak Street, just a few blocks from the restaurants (I recommend Brian's Pour House), and with a good view of the river and Mt. Adams.

I had originally booked the Sun Room on the lower floor, but since the house wasn't full, Jane let me choose between that and the Sky Room. I chose the latter because of the view. It also had a large new jetted tub and a sitting area. Because no one else was staying on the second floor, I had a lot of privacy. It was a great room to come back to after a day of sightseeing.

The owners have chosen to make this B&B comfortable and casual. It's not stuffy or precious. Apparently, lots of windsurfers stay here, and the owners are very accommodating about gear, etc. They're also flexible about the time breakfast is served, provided you let them know ahead of time.

Every B&B has its own way of doing things; some owners will tidy up your room everyday, while others don't. This is one of the latter.

Overall, this is a very pleasant and friendly B&B, made even better by its location in Hood River.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank SkyeTraveler
Idaho
Reviewed July 21, 2007

When visiting Hood River, OR, this is a great option for a place to stay. The location is only 3 or 4 blocks from the downtown corridor, certainly within walking distance. They offer 4 rooms, we stayed in the Mountain Room. When the weather is clear, supposedly you can see Mt. Adams across the gorge from this room. Unfortunately, we were not lucky enough to confirm this. The hosts are very friendly, informative, and do everything they can to make your stay pleasant. There is a few different commons areas with a TV and DVD player (and some dvd's), a computer for checking email and weather, reading material and large couches for relaxing. There is also a fridge & microwave. They also offer their charcoal BBQ grill for guest use. You bring the food, silverware and utensils, and they'll provide the charcoal, matches, and lighter fluid.
Breakfast was crepes and fruit (fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, black berries, marion berries, cherries, cantaloupe, & bananas); juice, Tea & coffee. There was also granola and yogurt. Fruit was delicious a great sampling of the areas variety!
Plenty of off street parking for guests (a major plus in a town with so many steep hills!)

• Stayed July 2007