Vineyard View Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hood River
See available hotels
Comfort Suites(Hood River)
View Hotel
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I stayed here for an extended Memorial Holiday weekend and found it to be a wonderful place. First night I was in the double room, and the next two in the Honeymoon suite. The beds are comfy, and the double hot tub in the Honeymoon sweet was great after all day of sports.

The surroundings are great. the back patio is in the middle of a vineyard with a fire pit, and a view of the surrounding mountains, and Mt. Adams. At night we looked at the amazing amount of stars that can be seen.

It's well decorated, and very comfortable. It has the wine country feel to it, so it maybe more for wine tasters than windsurfers. But then again, I found this out afterward I arrived, that it's in excellent proximity to great Mtn Biking. I biked out of the Bn'B to great trails. I liked it's location because it's out of the hustle and bustle of town, on a peaceful vineyard, yet easy enough to get to downtown. I had a sports weekend with windsurfing, mtn biking and golfing so I found it really usefull that Dave and Soma let me use their garage for my toys.

The owners are really friendly and inviting. The gave me great suggestions for drinks, and dinner. And they are great cooks. Creme Burlee french toast with local berries! They cook with local and organic foods, some grown on the property. Very good breakfasts.

Right next door is a great winery that won winery of the year 2007, for good reason. The wine is good.

All in all a great place to relax and get your sports on.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2008

We (my husband and I) stayed at the Vineyard View B & B in Hood River last June after I had stayed there previously on business. It is delightful! On the June visit, we had friends from Vermont with us and they also took a room at Vineyard View. The best part: the friendly hosts, David and Soma. On my earlier visit, I returned "home" one night and David and Soma and a couple of guests were watching a show on the big TV in the living room. David immediately asked me to join them. It was I show I was following that season. I felt right at home! The rooms are very tastefully decorated and, of course, very clean. On my first stay, my room had a window seat with a beautiful view. In June we stayed in the large and lavish 'honeymoon' suite. The breakfast in June was great and it was like a big family get together -- David and Soma, another couple and their two children, our Vermont friends, and my husband and I, all ate at one big table. It reminded me of our stay at a B & B in Amish country in Pennsylvania a long time ago. (On my earlier visit, breakfast was served at the business meeting so I did not eat at the B & B.) In short, I would recommend Vineyard View very highly. At least two couples whom I referred to Vineyard View did stay and also enjoyed the experience. And the location near Mt. Hood and the Columbia Gorge can't be beat!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My son and his girlfriend chose this place for their wedding and it could not have been better. We felt completely taken care of for the entire weekend. The innkeepers really think of absolutely everything from special spaghetti dinners for the children attending the wedding to a bonfire and smores at the end of the evening. The staff was amazingly accommodating and kind. The atmosphere was relaxing and beautiful. We highly recommend Vineyard View and would love to go back. Every guest raved about the location and the staff. Vineyard View helped to make the entire day an amazing experience.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We arrived to find a message on the chalkboard advising us to come in and make ourselves at home. We never did meet the owner and the neighbor taking care of things wasn't able to locate a key for our room ($125). Be sure to read what isn't described in their misleading website--we were sharing a shower with the upstairs guests and one of the downstairs rooms. The bathroom was not clean and there were dead flowers in scummy water. Breakfast was mediocre, served family style. Two of the guests never bothered to join us, perhaps because they stayed up too late watching the loud, big screen TV located a few feet from our "private" room. The newborn baby living in the house may also disrupt your expectation of solitude.

If you are expecting a traditional, professionally run B&B, this is not the place for you. It appeared to us that the owner just opened up his home, without any modifications or considerations for guests, just to make some extra $$$.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hijinx55
VinoLover69, Owner at Vineyard View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

We are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. It is true that the owners were out of town and had hired a guest innkeeper. Regarding the new born baby, yes my wife and I do have a child who is now 3 years old. We do not live in the Bed & Breakfast and have completely separate quarters with a private outside entrance. We cannot hear our guests in the B&B and they cannot hear us while we are in our quarters. Regarding the comment that we just opened our home without considerations or modifications is completely untrue. Over $100k in kitchen renovations, and landscaping projects in addition to a completely renovated Honeymoon Suite bathroom are just a few of the many improvements made to our property. It is true that our Queen, Twin and Family Suite guests may have to share two full baths depending on how full the Inn may be. We are sorry you found our website misleading regarding the rooms with private baths versus shared baths. While we do clearly state that the Honeymoon Suite has its own private bath, there is nothing stated in the room descriptions for the Twin, Queen and Family Suites regarding bathrooms. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do not mean to intentionally mislead our guests in any way regarding the fact that these rooms do share bathrooms. We will have our webmaster add more information regarding the bathrooms. The Family Suite does have a private half bath. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 10, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The house was spacious and very clean, and very homey. The hosts encouraged us to make ourselves "at home", which we did. Breakfast was wonderful, the grounds were gorgeous with a great view, overlooking mountains and vineyards. It was a very "low key" place , which we prefer, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple