“brilliant food and service”

Celilo Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Celilo Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Celilo, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable future. Our menus feature Pacific Northwest cuisine made with fresh and local ingredients.We hope that you will join us in our dining room’s warm atmosphere, created by local artists and craftsmen.
Reviewed December 18, 2009

Was in HR for 1 night and tried this wonderful spot. Great feel to the place, clearly a lot of thought has gone into this place and what it should stand for. Local chic, extremely warm, with a cool vibe. Was surprised by the sophistication of the food. Presentation was stunning. 10 out of 10. Will back again next time I'm in the 'Hood. Enjoyed the company of the owner. Wonderful guy who has lived and worked around the world.

1  Thank camfowler
There are newer reviews for Celilo Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed December 15, 2009

I wasn't sure what to expect. I had been through Hood River a few times over the years and had perfectly good, albeit unexciting food. Then I came across Celilo. The server explained their emphasis on local and seasonal ingredients and was very helpful pairing a Willamette Valley wine with my dinner. I had a series of small plates- perfectly seared scallops cooked with I think a small amount of butter and Balsamic Vinegar; delicious grilled prawns and finished with a wonderful steak frites. Everything tasted wonderful. The room is very attractive, with what looks like old, giant cedar beams and an attractive bar. Definitely a delight.

1  Thank vancouver0211
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I am a New Yorker and I have been to arguably some of the finest restaurants in our country. Celilo is a hidden gem and I can honestly say I had one of the best dining experiences of my life at this restaurant. It was a Saturday night and I had made dinner reservations after the B&B owner highly recommended this restaurant. My experience started when we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. The atmosphere made me feel comfortable and it set the tone of the culinary experience my taste buds were about to experience. The food selection was amazing, the waiter was knowledgeable about the wine pairing for each of the selected meals and the meals themselves were delectable (from the presentation to the texture to the taste) . I was so impressed that I asked to speak with the head chef to shower them with praises. I had the pleasure to meet Ben Stenn who is also part owner of Celilo. Mr Stenn is passionate about food which is apparent in the dining experience that he provides his customers. He is a believer of purchasing ingredients locally not only due to freshness but to support the local economy and not to mention to be more environmentally friendly.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to my next visit to Celilo and Hood River. This meal was the highlight of my trip.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

I went here on October 18, 2009 with a few friends of mine. The moment you walk in the atmosphere is your first cue that this isn't just any fancy place with small portions, but a culinary show case in beautiful Hood River. Next the service was top notch, immeadiately we were greeted by the wonderful wait staff and seated and told about the specials. Our water glasses were never below half empty, and our bread bowl was refreshed often with delicous fresh made bread. My friends ordered a chicken dish that was out of this world,
I ordered the seafood pasta dish forget the name of it but when asking the server Christine about what's in it she mentioned mussels and I was a little creeped out by having the whole shell in my pasta and she could tell, but I ordered it anyway. Well she had the chef take the mussel out of the shell and put it in the dish so I wouldn't have to bother without even blinking an eye, I was surprised yet so grateful she went above and beyond to assure the dish was just what I wanted.
As for dessert we all ordered the chocolate volcano cake with ice cream. It takes about 15 minutes since its made up fresh, but it is worth every minute to wait. The chefs here know their food and you can tell they put their heart and soul into presentation and taste that has honestly been the best meal I have eatten in years at a resturant and I travel all around the world for business. If your looking for a fun night with friends or a nice romantic dinner with that special someone with the best food in town don't pass up Celilo's!

Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and made a spontaneous trip to Hood River for his birthday weekend. We stumbled on CELILO and had one of the most best meals we have EVER had. Not just delicious food. It was MEMORABLE. The kind of meal you later dream about. Every bite--every texture, color, flavor--sublime. I had to ask my husband several times: Is this Heaven??
We have lived and traveled widely and we're in the "over 60 club", so we've been around. If there is a restaurant anywhere in any US city that is serving better food than Celilo, go for it. As for us, you'll find us sitting at a table in Celilo. We have discovered a gem in the Columbia Gorge that will bring us back to Hood River again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.