“Go elsewhere...”

Celilo Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Celilo Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Celilo, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable future. Our menus feature Pacific Northwest cuisine made with fresh and local ingredients.We hope that you will join us in our dining room’s warm atmosphere, created by local artists and craftsmen.
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was mediocre at best. The service was absolute sheit. I watched as people who were seated at least ten minutes after us were served at minimum ten to fifteen minutes before us. I make every attempt to give the benefit of the doubt. Our order was taken by a woman that after she took our order was never to be seen again. She wasn't even dressed like the other servers. Very strange. After extensive dialog between my girlfriend and I we agree that something had to have happened, but what? There was no acknowledgment of the screw up just some shady attempt at brushing it aside. There are far better places with far friendlier people in Hood River, do yourself a favor and just pass this one up.

2  Thank oreGON3
Genevieve S, Public Relations Manager at Celilo Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are really concerned that you had this experience, it is definitely not what we are striving for. It would be so helpful to us to know what day and approximate time your visit occurred. We have a staff meeting today and we will definitely discuss your review and see where we went wrong in our timing and staffing. We hope you'll give us another try in the future, and apologize for the less than awesome experience you had. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were wandering around Hood River and came upon this gem. Had not eaten here before, but menu was enticing. Both had the pappardelle which was house made pasta with lamb, squash and herbs topped with their own ricotta cheese and it was excellent. We topped off the meal with a fresh fruit tart, which is made on the premises. Service was also excellent. Atmosphere was very welcoming. Would definitely return.

Wonderful! Thank you for the kind words and yes, please do come again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I recently ate at Celilo. The place is very nice and the staff was great. I had the roast pork. It was very tasty. After dinner I ordered a drink called a "new fashioned". Normally I would have a scotch or bourbon but the waiter suggested I try it. I recommend it to any whiskey drinkers. They used a local whiskey called Pendleton. Overall a really nice dinner.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I haven't been back to Celilo in years. Don't get to Hood River that often, but it's a gem of a town that I always look forward to seeing again.

Dinner at Celilo is a definite plus. When I was there, it was recommended that I have the Cioppino. Never heard of that dish before, but it didn't disappoint. Prawns, scallops, mussels, all locally sourced. It was served in a fennel tomato sauce and I'll tell ya, it's as good as it sounds. When the weather is cold like this, a hearty, delicious meal hits the spot. The server recommended a local red that quite possibly made this fantastic dish even better.

Thanks for a tasty dinner, and a great night.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We really wanted to like this place. It has nice decor and the menu sounded great. The service ruined it for us. The waiter ignored us. We had to wave him over many times to get water, more wine, etc. He just acted snooty! The food was ok, but it was so noisy it was hard to enjoy it. We had reservations for a table, but got stuck in the bar. We wanted a nice quiet meal. It didnt happen.