“Best two nights of our entire trip”
Review of Panorama Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Panorama Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at hundreds of B&Bs, all over the country, in the past 20 years, and naturally some were better than others. This one was one of the really great ones!!! Before I booked the two nights at the Panorama Lodge, I read all the reviews posted on TripAdvisor, and I found it interesting that the majority rated it excellent, but those who did not, were REALLY disapointed. I took a chance based on the positives and also the photo on thier website, and we were really very pleased...WOW, what a view of Mount Hood!!! The design of the house really makes it part of the landscape, rather than a scab on it, and it all revolves around the view. We LOVED the cozy, rustic cabin, and homey atmosphere, It was clear after meeting Linda, the owner, (an extremely interesting person to get to know with great life adventure stories!) and having two relaxing days there, that the negative postings were clearly folks who are looking for a hotel rather than a B&B (or there are just some people who can't be pleased)...It was a great base to explore the Columbia River Gorge area, and Linda's hospitality made us feel like we were family coming over to visit. It is no wonder why so many of her clients are repeat family groups, and we were really wishing this place was closer to home for us, because we had become friends in a short time. Linda mentioned also that many companies and groups have meetings and retreats there, and I found myself wishing that I was an employee or member of one of these...what a cool place to have a meeting. I've already recommended this as a must stay at place to some friends and family, and we have every intention of staying in touch with Linda, our newest friend on the other side of the country.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was upstairs facing the mountain, and the window literally framed it so the fi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarleyHacker
There are newer reviews for Panorama Lodge

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We returned to Panorama lodge last summer because we had such an incredible time at Hood River previous year. Breakfast and the view were as amazing as we remembered. You really do see the panoramic view of the mountain along with many humming birds. We were able to take some great photos.
The hostess was very flexible, warm and helpful. She cooks amazing pancakes and quiche.
The price of this B&B was really reasonable, maybe too cheap considering how much we ate... ;)
I can't wait to go back to this place next summer!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SleepyHungryTraveler
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The lodge is situated in a beautiful part of Hood River with lovely views. The host Linda was very welcoming even though we were a last minute booking for the night. Our room was comfortable and we were able to do our laundry. Linda provided a sumptuous breakfast, gluten free and vegetarian as was our request.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rggibbo
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I rented out Panorama Lodge for a retreat. There were about 20 adults and we all slept comfortably and had everything we needed for a relaxing stay. The owner was wonderful and welcomed us with open arms. Being at this lodge really helped our team get off to a great year and everyone wants to book it again for next year's retreat. I will say the lodge is not glamorous but had such a warm and fuzzy feeling, think an eclectic Grandparent's house. The kitchen was fully stocked, and the deck off the back was worth the trip alone. The view was amazing and we had meetings out there the entire time. I would highly recommend Panorama lodge, it was perfect and exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Naturedr17
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Breath taking views, great space, and cozy atmosphere. The rooms were wonderful. The location is amazing and one couldn't ask for a better view. We had everything we needed for a wonderful girls weekend away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Omkaruna
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My extended family gathered at the lodge for our annual family reunion. I planned the event for the year and had booked the lodge based on reviews and location. I was extremely glad I arrived at the lodge before anyone else. While doing the walk-through with Linda, I noticed a cat had used the upstairs carpet as a litter box. Linda did a half hearted effort at cleaning the mess and came back with some spot remover. The lower level of the lodge smelled badly of urine. I opened all of the doors and windows to air out the smell. During the weekend stay, we found another pile of cat droppings that we had to clean up. In general, the place was not up to expectations for cleanliness. The place was very obviously hand crafted and did not appear to meet code. The building is poorly constructed and the electrical system is sketchy at best.

The location of the lodge is perfect. It's close to town, but definitely out in the woods and quiet. The view of Mt. Hood from the upper deck is incredible.

I would not recommend this location to anyone based on my experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Corky063
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We enjoy see everyone it hope that we can have a go again next year and we all sleep great and it feels like home and peacefull and really quite and the view as great and friendly staff was there if needed thank you Steve and Debbie and Craig Lowell

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort

Been to Panorama Lodge? Share your experiences!