“Beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid September, the weather was perfect, warm and sunny. The Lodge is very beautiful, the grounds are well kept and we had the most interesting healthy delicious breakfasts ever ! We drove the Fruit Loop one day and did some winery tasting on another. Also went to Maryhill Museum and saw the Stonehenge replica War Memorial. We ate at Celilo Restaurant all three nights because it was so good.

Room Tip: I would splurge on a room on the upper floor next time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurallee2016

Reviewed September 17, 2012

After only one night’s stay, Sakura Ridge has gone on my top-5 list of best places to stay ever – and I’m fussy!

Everything about it is stunning, from the beautiful grounds with lawns soft and thick like rugs and borders full of colour and scent (even the orchards and the kitchen garden look like works of art!), to the gorgeous interiors, with their mix of simple elegance and rustic log-cabin comfort, to the building itself, which is just extraordinary. The service is unobtrusive but still welcoming – they’ve thought of everything, from free sodas and popcorn (there’s a microwave in the living area), to a heated toilet seat (a bit crazy but fun!), to putting the fridge on the veranda so the noise doesn’t disturb inside. Our room, the River Room, was very comfortable, and nice and cool on a sweltering day. It was a fairly small room, but our private veranda was welcoming enough to feel like a living room of our own, plus there’s a couple of communal areas, both large and more intimate, so we never felt crammed in.

Breakfast was lovely – fruit smoothie, veggie quiche, scones with jam, and granola (with yoghurt), all homemade, plus thick honey from their own bees, fruit from their own grounds (I went out and picked some extra blackberries from their garden, at the owner’s invitation!) and good strong coffee. It was large and generous without being overwhelming!

Oh, and then there’s the view. Lying in the bath with a glass of local white wine, cold from the fridge, looking out at Mount Hood in all its glory, takes some beating, but I think we did actually beat it when we lay out under the stars on a blanket in the evening (it’s a really rural location so there’s no light pollution at all and you can see thousands of stars) and saw a shooting star!

Some other reviews have mentioned the gravel drive – I was worried as I hate driving on gravel, but it’s only just the last bit that’s on gravel and it’s really well-made with no steep bits, so it’s nothing to worry about.

Honestly, this place is amazing. I couldn’t fault a thing.

Room Tip: We loved the River Room - not huge, but with a private patio, stunning bathroom and mountain view
1  Thank LondonAlicat
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband really wanted to stay here because of the wonderful reviews. It is a beautiful property but not a place we would stay again. Although another reviewer said it was 7 minutes from town, and the owner said it was 10 minutes from town, with the gravel road, we found it to be further away. We dreaded going back to town to grab a bite for dinner but there was no food available in the afternoon/evening and we thought the drive to town was a bit too long. We ended up eating in some greasy hamburger place so we could rush back to the room before the road back to the lodge was too difficlut to navigate in the dark. We had no idea the town of Hood River was charming (another reviewer's comments). We had difficulty finding our way around and didn't get any direction/recommendations from the property owners who were busy handling "farm" chores.
We only had one night here - we might have been happier if we were able to stay 2 nights. The price was high and the breakfast, although lovely and fresh, was so so. We would have preferred a TV in our room and an ice or soda machine. I guess we are just not "rural" people. It is a very lovely place, great for honeymooners or romantic couples but for us, next time we will stay in a more lively place. We did have a good view of Mt. Hood but between running back to town for dinner and departing early the next morning, we had little time to enjoy the view. The husband seemed very friendly but the wife seemed a little abrupt when we were there. I must say though that the place looked cleaned, was nicely furnished and had the best little touches such as a comfy down blanket, lovely wooden chairs and great mattress. The claw foot tub was charming, I loved the bidet and the heated toilet seat and heated bathroom floor.
But its not a place I would recommend to my 50-something friends. We need a little more action.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barneysmom99
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I arrived at 5pm on a Friday and immediately regretted we were only staying 1 night.

What can I say that has not been said? The grounds are immaculate, Deanna and John are amazing hosts, and the cats are so endearing! And the breakfast? Oh the breakfast. Too pretty to eat! Deanna even packed my husband his breakfast to go, since he didn't get up in time for breakfast.

From the moment you drive in, to the wonderful sheets on the bed and the perfect attention to little details, this place will go way beyond your expectations. It really did mine.

We walked around the farm, did cartwheels on the grass, petted the kitties, listened to the buzzing of bees.

This place is MAGICAL. Worth every single penny. We are already planning our trip back. We have stayed at lots of bed and breakfasts, hotels and airbnb homes, but this place is truly truly special.

Room Tip: We chose the Mt. Hood room, and it is spacious, beautiful, comfortable and the patio is to die for.
2  Thank annavviola
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Sakura Ridge was exactly what I needed to get out of city life for some R&R. The drive into the farm was breathtaking to say the least and I had to stop a moment to take it all in. The Orchard room had an amazing feel, homey with every comfort (no TV needed with the view)! The B&B is also just off the Hood River Fruit Loop and close to several of the stops including a u-pick lavender farm. Breakfast was thoughtful, filling, and deliciously fresh. I also admit to sampling a few blackberries straight from the vines on the property. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christina G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Its you and Mount Hood! The view alone is worth staying at the lodge. An extremely informal and homey place. When we checked in Deanna was not home (it IS a working farm after all) and John was on his way out so we ran into him. We found a sweet welcome note for us taped on the entry door. Our room was downstairs with beautiful views of Mount Hood, gardens, hills galore. Wow! The room was "very' small hence did not encourage you to spend time in it. The living room and the verandas made up for it (which pretty much surround the property) and gave you many options to find your private space in lieu of the bedroom.

Breakfast table was very inviting. The berries served were delicious. I just wish there had been a choice of entree. The french toast offered looked delicious but probably had your allotted calories for the day! I passed.

Room Tip: Dont finish that bottle of wine before you head up after dinner! The road is windy and dark and you...
1  Thank KiraMexico
SakuraFarm, Owner at Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thanks! When you come back be sure to let us know your breakfast requests. We love to cook and make everyone happy. Always an option: Eggs fresh from the coop and cooked to order. The gardens are filled with vegetables and berries. Housemade granola and yogurt and much more.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I echo all of the previous raving reviews. Sakura Ridge was perfect in every way. The views from our private patio were extraordinary--Mt. Hood in all of it's glory, sheep in the foreground, fabulous landscaping everywhere. The small fridge between our Adirondack chairs held a nice bottle of white wine ($10) which we sipped while blissfully taking in the peaceful scene.

Our room was very comfortable and I'll even rave about the Toto toilet with heated seat and bidet (am I being too personal?)!

Deanna was out of town but John did a great job with breakfasts and the conversations with the other guests and John were quite enjoyable.

I highly recommend Sakura Ridge and would go back in an instant!

Room Tip: We were in the Mt. Hood room, with a private balcony and perfect view of the mountain from the patio...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple