“Amazing location, amenities, and FOOD!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Sakura Ridge - The Farm and Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hood River B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2012

A dream come true. This may be the most relaxing place I've ever been. Great porches with amazing views and wonderful grounds. We liked the grounds so much we got married there instead of going to one of Hood River's more well-known attractions. Deanna and John were wonderful hosts. Deanna is an unbelievable cook. For our wedding dinner, we had to choose between eating Deanna's cooking or having Celilo in Hood River cater the event. We chose Deanna's dinner, and had Celilo the night before the wedding. After eating both, it was abundantly clear to everyone in our party that Deanna's dinner blew away what Celilo had to offer. Her appetizers, dinner courses, and cherry dessert were unbelievable. The lamb was the best lamb I've ever eaten. The setting at Sakura Ridge of course was breathtaking. Did I mention that people in my family also still talk about Deanna's great breakfasts, more than 8 months after we ate there? Almost all of the food we ate, including the lamb and the cherries for dessert, came directly from the farm: Deanna walked us through her gardens the day before our wedding and showed us what was ripe, coming up with a menu on the spot. While Deanna and her cooking get all the attention, John is also a great host. He is easy to overlook since he is usually busy working the farm, but whenever we saw him he was friendly and happy to answer all of our questions about the workings of the farm.
Regarding the accommodations, the rooms at Sakura Ridge are awesome. Great beds, nice bathrooms, amazing views. We rented out the whole place for our wedding since it was us and only 7 guests, so we could compare all the rooms. The Orchard Room is worth the extra money if you want additional privacy. If you don't choose that one, go for the Mt. Hood Room or the River Room; they have mountain views and doors that open out onto the lawn.

Room Tip: Mt. Hood or River Room, or splurge for the Orchard room if you want extra privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flossdaily8111

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is only the second time that I have ever posted a review on Tripadvisor although I have used the site for years.

The reason I'm writing is to help you stop reading reviews and to just go ahead and book your room at Sakura Lodge. The reviews and the photos will only go so far as this place is beyond beautiful.

My wife and our good friends who were visiting from Boston stayed here this past weekend in the Mt. Hood and River View rooms. Our mouths literally dropped when we drove onto the grounds. This place is immaculate from the gardens, orchards, and incredible lodge.

And this isn't even talking about one of the most amazing views of Mt. Hood that I've ever seen and I've lived in Oregon for a good part of my life.

It isn't often that I use the word perfection, but Sakura Ridge is definitely as close to a perfect romantic getaway that I've yet to step foot into on any continent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travelinglight
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This wonderful working farm and lodge is an absolutely perfect place to stay. You need a car as it is around a 7 minute drive to Hood River (which is also a lovely little place to visit with some great restaurants and a laid-back, inviting atmosphere). The accommodation is of a very high standard and is very warm and stylish. As noted by a previous reviewer, the shared space is wonderful and the outside deck is complete with a stunning view of the mountain. When we visited the weather was perfect; not a cloud in the sky which I would have to say made the view from our room the best view of our entire 3-week trip to the US West Coast. Breakfast is freshly cooked, delicious and communal which allowed us to meet other guests and the owner even brought his newest (3 day old) lamb Ella in to meet us. If you're around this area do not hesitate to book a room at this fabulous place and stay longer than 1 night if you can - it is worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the River Room which had an outstanding view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClareH30
Reviewed May 31, 2012

What a lovely place! The lodge is spacious and comfortable and the outlook to Mt Hood is perfect. Guest rooms are large and very comfortable, and the shared space for guests is magnificent, encouraging guests to meet each other. Breakfast is friendly, stylish and very tasty. The whole atmosphere is totally relaxed. The rate is among the highest for a B&B, but it is good value for such an exceptional place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Sakura Ridge Lodge is a hidden gem. The views of Mt. Hood are breath taking. You are so close you can feel the cool breeze from the snow covered mountain. The Lodge is beautiful and quiet. No TV's but who needs one when you can sit and look at the view. The owners run a great Inn. The working farm is nice. Breakfast was great. Make sure you say hello to Oscar (cat) he loves to be scratched behind his ears. If you visit the Hood River area Sakura Ridge should be your choice.

Room Tip: The Mt. Hood room was great. Ground floor private patio was nice with a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blind-Willie
Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's been over a year (even this says 2011) since my sister and I visited Sakura, but it's left an indelible impression. We arrived on a lazy afternoon in late September and found a note on the lodge front door welcoming us and explaining that the owner was in the orchards and to make ourselves at home in our room, where the key was left for us. How quaint is that! The room was simply and elegantly decorated with a super comfortable bed, complete with down comforter. Our deck overlooked Mt. Hood to the right, and the meadows below. We arrived hungry, and asked if there were stores nearby where we could grab something to eat, even though we were tired and didn't feel like leaving the tranquil, beautiful setting. Our hostess graciously brought us a lovely presentation of gourmet finger foods, featuring their home grown cherries (even though this was not a featured item with the stay). There was a bottle of wine in the room which could be purchased for a reasonable sum, so we were off and running, dining on our spacious deck. We took leisurely walks around the property -- through the cherry orchards -- and with no one around, it was ideal. The decor of the lodge is perfectly decorated in a rustic, upscale style, and is immaculate in every way. Our host explained sites of interest in town, and a bit of the history of the place. It's a visit I would love to repeat one day.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HppyWanderer
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I should start by saying I have stayed at Sakura numerous times over the last number of years so I feel that I'm an expert on this lodge. Regardless of how many trips I take to the lodge the property still blows my mind every time. Photos cannot do the view of Mount Hood justice. The grounds and lodge are straight out of a magazine. Deanna (the owner)is known in the Hood River area for having the most impeccably clean guest rooms and for having over the top beautiful breakfast fare. The presentation of the room and the meal always inspires me to go home and try and recreate a little bit of her style at my own home. My husband has a wheat and dairy allergy and Deanna has always worked around his food issues. This is VERY important to us since he is extremely sensitive. She prepares items that are seasonal and from the farm. Every single meal I've had at Deanna's table has been unique, creative, and most of all.....DELISH! I've had Asian inspired food and of course I've also been treated to Marta's traditional mexican breakfast. If you have the chance to stay on a Saturday morning this is an incredible treat.
The lodge is located away from town and nestled up in the hills allowing for a wonderful view. It's quiet here and the owners encourage you to walk the grounds and take in the farm experience. It's quiet, beautiful, and relaxing. Go here with your husband for some alone time or get your best friend and treat yourself to this incredible experience. Oh, and stay two nights....one just won't be enough!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, however, the Orchard Room is my favorite. Its off the main house an...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple