“Pristine Wilderness at the end of a longish road”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lost Lake Resort

Lost Lake Resort
Kingsport, Tennessee
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Pristine Wilderness at the end of a longish road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

This on is off the beaten path and takes a little (or a lot, depending on your point of view) get to. It is essentially a fresh water lake with a view of Mount Hood. It is a state park and has a lot of camping spots available (as in tent, not RV). There is a general store and boat dock at one end of the lake. There you can rent rowboats and SUPs. The general store has the requisite ice cream treats, frozen candy bars, and seriously expensive beer (but consider that you’re at least 30 minutes from the nearest 7-eleven). There is a pretty cool lakeside trail that circumnavigates the lake, comprised of wooden bridges in some places and plain old trail in others. While we didn’t go in I imagine the lake is extremely clean (didn’t notice any gas engines anywhere) and plenty refreshing. Scenically, you can get a better view of Mt. Hood driving on the road. If you’re into sitting by a lake for the day then I would go. Otherwise, invest more time at the waterfalls.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Curtis S

Fort Worth, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“GREAT staff and nature!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We unknowingly arrived about a hour after they were supposed to close, and they waited for us; such great hosts! I wish I had written their names so I could remember them. Make sure you get directions from a local before you go, worth the drive, to enjoy time in a quiet nature setting. The staff was so gracious and helpful; we would love to spend more time there. We stayed in the rustic A-frame cabin, which was perfect for us. It is very rustic, yet comfortable and much better than having to set up and tear down tents. Beautiful views and trails. Great general store with many souvenirs and rentals (boats, ....). We only paid $80 per night for four people, however, it was in May. We could have set up a tent also - great deal!

Visited May 2014
Portland Oregon
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Insane camp site management ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Our family has been visiting this site almost every year for 14 years. This year we planned a special outing with a young guest from Europe. I drove up Wednesday to reserve and pay for site for the weekend. I was told that I had to set up camp I told the office as I paid $ 100 that I had a tarp and table covering My family arrived at 7 right at dusk on Friday to find another party who occupying our site and using the items we left
behind. Cooler water clothes line tarp and had removed our sign. We went to the office where the "manager" told me that I hadn't set up camp properly and that is why they resold the site again. Since the sites were all taken we had to drive back. I would recommend Trillium lake instead. This place management should consider people typically drive 2 hrs to get to this site and that there are no options once you arrive. I wish there was a zero star option for these folks.

5 Thank WestsideChuck
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice hike around lake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We drove here to hike around the lake. Although it was a hot day, the forest kept us comfortable, and the trail was well maintained. The parking attendant warned us about mosquitoes, so we sprayed, and were not bothered at all. The north side of the lake has nice views of Mt. Hood.

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“The view is excellent however...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The view across the lake to Mt. Hood is spectacular however, the facilities leave a lot to like. The restrooms are stinking pits. In fact, during our nine days touring across Oregon, these were by far the worst facilities anywhere...and there is a daily use fee.
Other than that, the trail around the lake is great. So many places to see the mountain from the north side of the lake. Even when the mountain is not in view, the trail reveals some very interesting plants and wildlife along the way.

Visited July 2014