“Loved this restaurant”

Stonehedge Gardens Wine Country Bistro
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Salem, OR
“Loved this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here recently. I had a bowl large bowl of french onion soup, which was the best I had ever had. Plus, I had filet mignon, which was prepared perfectly and was very tender. I wasn't crazy about the sauce that was on it, however. My husband had halibut with crab on top. He thought it was very good. He also had some type of curry soup that he enjoyed. The service was great. The grounds of the restaurant are beautiful and it's in an old house. I liked that, but I didn't like the smell. It reminded me of all the antique stores I've been in. They all seem to smell the same and this place smelled just like them. Over all, we really enjoyed our dinner and will eat there again the next time we're in Hood River. I would like to go when the weather is warmer so we can eat outside on the patio.

Shoreline, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Mother's Day Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I were headed to Sunriver, OR and had our lunch at Stonehedge Garden. We were sitted at a window overlooking the courtyard and gardens. We started with the Oregon Crab Cakes which were perfect. We ordered the halibut topped with Dungeness crab meat and wild salmon. Both were excellently prepared and were delicious. Our dessert was the Flaming Bread Pudding and that ended our excellent lunch. I love the bread pudding because it is the best one I had topped with creme brulee.
This is our second visit to this place and still have the same results- excellent location to enjoy their garden and food. We recommend this to anyone looking for a very tanquil, relaxing ambience to eat.

• Visited May 2013
“Beautiful ambiance, classy yet comfortable, amazing delicious menu, great service and presentation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I celebrated his deployment homecoming and happened on this wonderful place, which is more like an enchanted journey than your typical restaurant experience. The short drive up a gravel road ends at a beautiful home filled with cozy nooks, elegant yet comfortable antiques, gorgeous garden views and very friendly staff. The staff was experienced and familiar with the menu, helping us choose from the extensive choices. We have traveled a lot and tried many restaurants. Stonehedge Gardens is fantastic and we would recommend it to every one.

If you are planning a wedding, this venue is great and is the perfect setting for that special occasion. If I lived in the area, I would find a reason to have an event there.

Hood River, Oregon, United States
“Fantastic Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

A girlfriend and I had a fantastic dinner at Stonehedge Gardens. We were seated in the small porch area overlooking the gardens by a polite and attentive young man who would be our waiter for the evening. Our drinks (martini, and rum and diet) were so delicious we had another. Everything from the salad to the entrees (veal scallopini, and seared duck) to the sides (potatoes) to the dessert (bread pudding) was outstanding. I will be returning soon.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ReviewFromTheHood
Hood River, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely way to celebrate a special evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate here for my birthday with my husband and 2 children (9 and 6). It was lovely surroundings, the owner/host/waiter was very accommodating when we wanted to switch tables to sit by the fire. The menu was interesting, and I had a delicious Lemon Drop cocktail to start off with. We had piping hot bread, and our server pointed out they could make anything for the kids (my son wanted soup, but not the French Onion soup that was the soup of the day). The kitchen made some creamy potato soup for my son (delicious!), a special pasta with marinara sauce for my daughter (neither of which was on the menu). I DID have the onion soup (not remarkable, but good) as well as a seared Ahi starter as my main. My husband ordered a steak that came with blackened gorgonzola cheese on top. Both were excellent, with the steak being perfectly cooked (med rare) and my ahi being beautifully spiced with a wasabi sauce. As it was a Tuesday, there were very few other diners, so it was a very relaxed dinner, with our waiter checking to see that we were well stocked with wine, water and that everything was to our taste. I've worked in restaurants, and he did everything perfectly for a fine dining experience. We did order the flaming bread pudding, and it was an excellent birthday cake. I really love bread pudding, and this was a decadent treat. We will definitely be returning, hopefully in the summer when we can sit outside.

• Visited January 2013