“Great beers and food”

Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great beers and food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a great time drinking the bottled beers mostly Polish and Russian, listed on laminated cards with descriptions. Between 3 of us tried all of the 10 or so beers, sharing each between us. All very good. And the food was good too.
The 23 ounce porterhouse ($23.95 special) was the favorite the first night, but also had the 8 oz filet ($14.95 c 1 side), the gorgonzola New York strip ($20.95 special), the 14 oz ribeye ($20.95 c 1 side) and the chicken schnitzel ($13.95 c 1 side), all excellent. The entrees are all priced with 1,2 or 3 sides and the sides were also very enjoyable. The baked potato comes with both sour cream and butter. The fettuccini pesto was very good and ordered again the 2nd night, I don't remember the other sides. For dessert the Swedish cream was different and good, the hot brownie pie was good as was the cheese cake. I was not impressed with apple crisp.
It was a great place to eat after a long day of windsurfing and kiteboarding, since we figured we had used plenty of calories to offset the huge number we took in. Of all the places we have eaten in Hood River it's the one we will most clearly return to. And very reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013

Hood River, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a favorite, and NOW with a kids menu!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've always enjoyed this restaurant, but it was a problem that there wasn't a kids menu. Dying for a steak tonight, so we headed to the Mesquitery and were delighted to find they now have a childrens menu. I had medium rare steak and grilled shrimp and it was great. The kids love the garlic bread, and they split a kids order of nachos and STILL didn't finish it (big portions mean we always have lunch for the next day). An extra bonus is the beer menu-with beers from Baltic regions that my beer loving husband loves. Actually had dessert, which we rarely do, and the Chocolate Bomb cake was delicious and loved by everyone. Must go.

• Visited August 2013
Hood River, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are We Talking About the Same Place?”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went to the Mesquitery by myself and ordered ribs and steamed veggies. It was O.K. The food was served hot and, although it was not seasoned, I really wanted ribs (since they have been taken off the menu at several local restaurants for the summer). I'd give the ribs a 7. They "fell off the bone" but were fairly flavorless. Based on that, I returned with my wife and ordered Pollo Vaquero and a hamburger (medium rare) for my wife. When we asked the waitress for some wine, she had to go ask someone what they had and, when she returned, she tried to explain that the only white wine they had was a Merlot. She hadn't a clue, nor did the people she asked. After about fifteen minutes (the place was virtually empty), the burger arrived flatter than a pancake and about as thick. So thin, in fact, that there was no way to cook it medium rare. It resembled burger at a run-of-the-mill fast food restaurant (at twice the price). My chicken entre featured cubed chicken pieces with no sauce, no seasoning and and a stack of tortillas with some rice and steamed vegetables. Possibly the most unappetizing meal I have seen in a long time. That was it. There was no way I was going to eat what was on that plate. We put some money on the table and left. There is no way we're ever going back. We ended up at the Pour House and had a fabulous hamburger and great service.

1 Thank Robert B
Camas
“Great Steak”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

after reading some of the reviews, I was a little nervous going here, but was pleasantly suprised.
I ordered the shrimp appetizer, serloin steak with steamed veggies. Steak was prepared to my liking, veggies were fresh. Steak was lightly seasoned - very good. My wife had the pasta alfredo and loved it. Great meal. will be back.

Hood River, OR
“Steaks and Ribs - you can't go wrong”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We raised our children with special dinner at the Mesquitery ... and we still love to go here when we're back home. Chris always greets us with a big smile and welcome as soon as the door opens ... and we know the food is going to be wonderful. I often enjoy the t-bone -- it's a huge steak and grilled to a medium-rare perfection ... and yes, sometimes part of it goes home for lunch the next day. Ken usually gets the Pollo Vaquero. We also love their BBQ Baby Backs and the Prime Rib... and for desserts their Apple Crisp and Swedish Cream are wonderful. But a little, usually skipped over, joy on their menu is their green salads. Their blue-cheese dressing is to die for and the salad just looks so fresh and tastes fantastic!! The Mesquitery is up on the heights -- away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Make a point to plan for a great dinner here -- you won't be disappointed.